Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Final Touchdown...#10DaysofTailgate....Ducky Joes

It is with a sad heart that I say goodbye to this Tailgate Event.  It has been so much fun creating dishes with all of the wonderful products our sponsors provided.  I kind of felt like I was participating in a Chopped Challenge with a tailgate theme. I am so very grateful to Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla for hosting this event.

On this last day I am going to highlight the 4 of our generous sponsors whose products I received.  I conceived of this recipe way back in the beginning of September when the packages first started arriving and I saved it until the end so I could "Save the Best until Last".  I hope you enjoy it and I hope you had as much fun at this event as we did.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of my readers wins a prize package.  You can learn all about all of our sponsors and enter to win some great prize packages here.  Make sure you check your email!!


Our generous sponsors sent us tons of products to try during this event.  I have been having so much fun with them all and I can honestly say that I have been so pleased with all the products that I received that I will continue to use them now that this event is completed.  I recommend these product for all my friends, family and dear readers.  I am thinking that many of them would make great gifts for those that love cooking as much as I do.


For today's recipe I am using ground duck from Maple Leaf Farms.
Mango Mustard from El Diablo.
Cherry Chipotle Sauce from Not Ketchup.
And Chunky Garlic and Chili Pepper from Gourmet Garden.


I browned the duck with the onions, garlic and salt and pepper.
Drained it and put it in my crockpot.
Added the rest of the ingredients and set it to cook for 4 hours.



Ducky Joes

1 lb. ground duck
1 small onion, chopped
1 t. Gourmet Garden chunky garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 t. Gourmet Garden Chili Paste
1/4 t. El Diablo Mango Mustard
2 T. Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup
2 T. Ketchup
1 T. brown sugar
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1 can Chicken Gumbo Soup

Brown ground duck with onion, garlic, salt and pepper over med high heat.  Drain and place in the crock of a slow cooker.  Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.  Cook on low for 4 hours.  Print Recipe

**Note: Should you not have these items and/or not care to purchase these items you can use my recipe for Sloppy Joes using ground beef and items that you do have in your pantry.

Here's what the other team members brought to the table...

Starters
Mains
Homemade Honey Mustard Chipotle Chicken Bites by Love and Confections
Beer Cheese Brat Chowder by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Ducky 13 Bean Soup by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
13 Bean Chili by Miss Laura’s Kitchen
Za’atar Spiced Cashews by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Chicken & Potato Stir Fry on the Grill by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
El Diablo Spicy Wood Smoked Pork Butt by CafeTerraBlog
Grilled Lemongrass Lamb by Culinary Adventures with Camilla

Sides
Grilled Clash of the Seasons Panzanella by Culinary Adventures with Camilla

Sweets
Boston Lager Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook





7 comments:

  1. Duck and Chicken Gumbo Soup were surprising ingredients - this is no ordinary Sloppy Joe! Now I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken Gumbo soup is always the surprise ingredient in my Sloppy Joes. I have tried making it without and it is just not the same.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm.... that sounds like a WONDERFUL recipe!! I can practically smell it through my screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah. Our sponsors made it easy to make great food.

      Delete
  3. Great idea to make sloppy joes in the slow cooker! These sound spicy!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.