Friday, December 12, 2014

Thankful for Friends and Family this Friday....And the Last Pizza of the Year.

For those of you who did not get to see my rant yesterday....thank your lucky stars.  For those of you who are curious now....you can see it here.

We have been running around like crazy and when we are home we have been working on the tree.  Today Ting and Tamie came over during the day and worked on the tree while I went and did my grocery shopping for the party.  Tonight John and Kirsten joined us and they all worked while I made dinner for us.  We ended up having pizza at Ting and Tony's on Wednesday so Frank could help with some stuff around the house and last night we went for an early dinner at the restaurant where Anthony was bartending so we could have a few minutes with him, so once again the weekly menu went kaput.  We did however, have the fish and chips scheduled for tonight as well as some pull apart pizza bread as an appetizer.


I did not grease the pan.
The recipe did not call for a greased pan but I should have known better.
I printed the recipe with you preparing the pan before putting the ingredients in to be baked.


But I topped it with some pizza sauce and it was fine.
Not beautiful but tasty.

Pull apart Pizza Bread
adapted  from facebook, author unknown

2 cans refrigerated pizza dough or biscuits, quartered
2 c. mozzarella , shredded
2 T. Gourmet Garden, Italian Herbs
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c. olive oil
1 (5 oz) pkg pepperoni, quartered
1 c. Parmesan, shredded

Preheat oven to 350*.  Prepare a Bundt pan by spraying with cooking spray.  Toss remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Turn into prepared pan.  Bake for 30-40 minutes, until top is brown and dough is thouroughly cooked.  Flip over onto a plate and serve with pizza or marinara sauce.  Print Recipe

The pizza bread was found on facebook and there was no credit given.  I don't know why it seems that the facebook recipes always neglect to thank the writer of the recipe.  This was an easy peasy recipe and the last of my Year of Pizza Challenge.

For the fish fry I used cod fillets.  I served it with French Fries and store bought Cole Slaw.

We got the tree completely debulbed (?) and half restrung with new light strands before we called it quits.  We are in pretty good shape now though.  Frank will finish stringing the tree in the morning while I prep the food that can be made ahead and then we will put on the ornaments after Mass tomorrow afternoon.

I feel much better now.  Thanks be to God for all the wonderful people with whom I have been blessed.

6 comments:

  1. I bet the pizza was delicious anyway. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ask myself every year why we make Christmas so hard on ourselves. Why don't we just relax and let it be. Your pizza looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the discussion between Ting and I over lunch yesterday. We get so caught up that we forget the reason for the season.

      Delete
  3. My hands hurt!!! Lol but well worth it!! Dinner was wonderful too💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your help Tamie. See you for round 2 here in a little while

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.