Monday, December 15, 2014

Happy 94th Birthday Mom!!

Mom turned 94 on Saturday.  I did not get a chance to see her on her birthday but we were there the evening before to deliver her gift from Larry and Mary,   We got there at 6 pm.  Her nurse, Chantelle, told us she had already gone to bed for the night.  Chantelle said she had actually gone to bed before dinner but she got her up and she ate very well and then she went back to bed.  We went to Mom's room but she was MIA. We, of course, found her in Harriet's room.  We all went back to Mom's room and Mom opened her present at which time she looked at Harriet and said "Don't think you are getting any of these either"!!  We have photos on Frank's cell phone however we have emailed it to me 3 times and it will not send it so you will just have to imagine Mom in her nighty with a sweater trying to hoard a tower of goodies!!

Lo and Behold when I awoke the following morning the photo that was lost in space appeared about 4 times LOL.  So I am sharing it with you now.



On Mom's actual birthday I was busy getting ready for her party that was held here yesterday.  It was quite the debacle around here as I had strained my back and was having a very difficult time moving but the party was a great success and we had a lot of fun.  This was Mom's first trip back home here since she moved in June.  She said "Oh is this your new house?  I like it".  She lasted about 3 hrs before she was ready to leave and she had a great time.





4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you from Don and Mickey and the dive shop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sorry we missed your party but looking very forward to February!!

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures. I was wondering what her trip home would be like. Sounds like she adjusted quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly amazed and grateful at how well she has adjusted and how happy she is in her new home with her "gang". Now all we need is for the money to hold out.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.