Saturday, February 6, 2016

Weekly Menu Celebrating Birthdays, Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day

Wow.....What a crazy weekend and week we have coming up.  Today we are singing at 4 pm Mass. Then we are celebrating our daughter Nicole's birthday.  We are having a Chinese theme because Monday is Chinese New Year.  Of course, we are still celebrating #FreshTastyValentines for a couple more days and then the actual feast day of St. Valentine will be upon us before you know it.

So I guess the cat is now out of the bag...All week long (and a day or two before hand) I have been sharing recipes with you for an  Asian menu that I created for #FreshTastyValentines.  I made egg rolls one day before Fresh Tasty Valentines even started, we had a couple of them with our dinner that night but most went into the freezer for tonight's celebration. Then, when the event started I shared chicken puffs and shrimp balls that also went into the freezer and will be served with the egg rolls as appetizers tonight.  The Vegetable Pork Wonton Soup was dinner one night for Frank and I, the rest was frozen for tonight's dinner.  We will also be serving the Lemongrass Sorbet tonight.  The entree featured last week, Yuk See Chau Mein was enjoyed the night it was prepared so our entree will be different.  Of course, dessert will be a birthday cake!

Tomorrow Kirsten, Karen and I are going to Shipshewana in Michigan after which I will be picking up my Angel face as her Mama has a Super Bowl party to attend.  We will be watching the baby channel here at our house LOL.  I will be making a slow cooker meal to be ready when we get home.

The rest of the week is filled with Parish Council meetings, doctor appointments, choir practices and on Friday evening we are going out to dinner with friends.  This Wednesday is already Ash Wednesday.  Lent has started so we will be preparing the way for our Lord!!  We do this in my church by fasting, abstaining and giving.  It is a time for us to be much more as Christ to others. In our family this means going the extra mile for others who need help, eating only one large meal on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday with perhaps a protein drink for the other two meals and abstaining from meat on Ash Wednesday and the Fridays of Lent.  I will also, personally spend more time in the quiet presence of the Lord during this season.

Image result for Lent


Saturday- Nicole's Birthday Dinner
Egg Rolls
Chicken Puffs
Shrimp Balls
Vegetable Pork Won Ton Soup
Lemongrass Sorbet
Baked Honey Sesame Chicken
Ginger Rice
Birthday Cake by Frank

Sunday
Chicken Stew

Meatless Monday-Happy Chinese New Year
Breakfast for dinner

Tuesday
Meatballs
Egg Noodles
Glazed Carrots

Ash Wednesday
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells

Thursday
Leftovers

Fish Friday
Out for Dinner with Chet, Bob and Cathy



5 comments:

  1. Great upcoming menu and great roster of items this past week for #FreshTastyValentines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is unbelievable to think it is already time for Ash Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Paula.....doesn't it seem time is going much faster the older we get.

      Delete
    2. Yes it does! My mom warned me about this LOL!

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.