Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peanut Butter and Apple Griddle Cakes for #BreadBakers


One of the great things about blogging is meeting so many great people like Sarah from The Pajama Chef who is so creative and a wonderful cook.  Another great thing is clubs like #BreadBakers and events like the one we just finished up #FreshTastyValentines.  The third, but by no means the final, thing I love about being a blogger are #sponsors who send us great products, like envy apples and just hemp foods, both of whom are featured in the recipe I am sharing today.

Well, I guess I better start at the beginning with Bread Bakers since that is the event we are celebrating today.  Our wonderful host with the most this month is Anshie  Dhar of Spice Roots and she has chosen Griddle Breads as our theme.  Anshie is such a sweetheart that even though I forgot to post my recipe title in the feed, she allowed me to still participate in today's event.



I was flip flopping over what I should make and then I got busy with Fresh Tasty Valentines and put griddle breads on the back burner (pun intended).  That is until Sarah, The Pajama Chef posted this recipe as part of our challenge.  I knew immediately that it was going to be perfect for Bread Bakers this month.



I did make quite a few adaptations to Sarah's recipe so that I could use what I had in the house.  I only had one apple left so I did not serve them with the Sauteed Cinnamon Apples which, I'm sure, would be amazing.  We didn't miss them though...we were very happy just topping them with butter and pure maple syrup.

Peanut Butter and Apple Griddle Cakes
adapted from Sarah of The Pajama Chef

1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. hulled hemp seeds
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 3/4 c. milk
1 egg
1/4 c. peanut butter
3 T. butter, melted
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced

Combine all ingredients except apples,  in a large bowl and mix well.  Stir in apples.  Allow batter to rest while preheating your griddle to 375*.  When griddle is hot, pour batter in 1/4 c. increments onto the griddle and cook until the edges start to dry and bubbles form in the top.  Flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Print Recipe


Here are some more wonderful Griddle Breads

BreadBakers #BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.

35 comments:

  1. I don't know what a hulled hemp seed looks like but I completely understand apple and peanut butter so I know these must be good, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hulled hemp seeds add a little more protein and a nutty like flavor. You can easily omit them if you want.

      Delete
  2. apple and peanut butter combination in griddle cakes is a winning combination. Griddle cakes look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you could join in, Wendy. We would have missed these lovely apple griddle cakes otherwise. Love the combination! and Hemp seeds are kind of favorite right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for allowing me in Anshi and for hosting this month.

      Delete
  4. Apple and peanut butter are amazing together and then in a pancake..........well ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Peanut butter, Apple and Cinnamon combo Wendy. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the PB and apple combo and love pancakes. I would say your pancakes came out beautifully fluffy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. They were Paula and I really liked the texture that the peanut butter gave them.

      Delete
  8. apple and peanut butter sound like a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great minds think alike lol. Apples and hemp seed go great together. Peanut butter puts these over the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peanut butter masked the nuttiness of the hemp seeds but I figured the extra nutrition was still a bonus.

      Delete
  10. What a great combo Wendy! So glad you made it! Such fun meeting each other in these wonderful groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, there are so many wonderful people in the blogging community.

      Delete
  11. Peanut butter and apple is such a great combo Wendy!! I need to make these for my pancake obsessed son!! Such a great theme this month and thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apple and peanut butter combination was super.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. you cant really go wrong with apple and Peanut butter - I bet the combo rocked ! lovely to join u in breadbakers :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like a great adaptation, wendy! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peanut butter in pancakes?! I think I am in love! And so perfect with apples (but now I want to use Concord grapes)! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Healthy & delicious pancakes. Adding hemp seeds is such a nutritious twist.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Class combo of peanut butter and apple, must have tasted delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love you pancakes with apple and peanut butter !!! wonderful

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.