Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy Valentines Day from #WinePW

We are celebrating Valentine's Day at Wine Pairing Weekend this month.  Some of us have posted several ideas for food and wine pairings to help you celebrate this special day.  I was lucky to even get this one post done.  My life has been crazy lately.


To be honest, I had completely forgotten about Wine PW this month.  I had plenty of opportunity to do a food and wine pairing with all the recipes I was posting for #FreshTastyValentines but it completely slipped my mind.  Then I was working on a recipe I am creating for the 2016 Healthy Solutions Spice Blends Challenge and when checking my calendar saw that Wine Pairing Weekend was upon me.  I ran to the facebook page and apologized to our leader Christy of Confessions of a Culinary Diva and she graciously let me sign up late.

I quickly took a gander in my wine refrigerator to see what I had that would pair well with my sesame ginger seared tuna and found this bottle of Rodney Strong Pinot Noir that we had received as a gift.  Rodney Strong Winery is located in Sonoma County in California.  They were only the 13th winery to open up in this area that is now jam packed with wineries.  

Seared Tuna is one of my favorite dishes and can hold up to a lighter red wine like a Pinot Noir.  I wasn't as confident of the Asian flavors in my dish pairing well with this wine but it was what I had on hand and I didn't have time to quibble.

Bottom line.....The wine pairing worked....not perfectly, but it worked reasonably well.  I find Asian flavors difficult to pair with wine.  What wines have you found that work well with Asian foods?

I will be sharing this recipe as soon as I submit it to the challenge and figure out how to edit my video that is required as well.....that is a whole different story!!!

Let's take a look at the other great Valentine's pairings.


Jade from Tasting Pour:
David of Cooking Chat
Cindy from Grape Experiences:
-Lobster, Corn Fritters & Balletto
Join us for a live Valentine's Wine Pairing Twitter chat at 11 a.m. ET on Saturday, February 13, using the hashtag #winePW. And get ready for the March #winePW, where we will share our Open That Bottle Night experiences. Check out the upcoming and past Wine Pairing Weekend events on this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.