Disclosure: I received sponsor products to use in the creation of these recipes. I did not receive any monetary compensation. All opinions are my own.
These delicious, tender cookies are like popping a tiny pecan pie into your mouth. They are sure to be a hit on your Holiday Cookie Tray this year.
Today is the final day of Christmas Cookie Week.......
- Chocolate Bonbon Cookies by That Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies by West Via Midwest
- Chocolate Espresso Icebox Cookies by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Chocolate-Dipped Orange Logs by Eat Move Make
- Christmas Magic Bars by Devour Dinner
- Christmas Monster Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies by Blogghetti
- Frosted Eggnog Cookie Bars by Family Around the Table
- Grinch Heart Thumbprint Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Holiday Everything Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Honey Walnut Cookies by Books n' Cooks
- Kahlua Mudslide Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lavender Snickerdoodles by Palatable Pastime
- Linzer Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Little Monster Cookie Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Maple Sugar Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mocha Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Making Miracles
- Mocha Sandies by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Bark Surprise Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Pinwheel Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Poppy Seed Shortbread by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Sadie's Double Pecan Butter Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Small Batch Pecan Fingers by Art of Natural Living
- Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Spiced Holiday Cutouts by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Toasted Pecan Snowball Cookie Recipe by Swirls of Flavor
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Molasses Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
I was excited to receive product from Millican Pecan Company, one of our sponsors for this event. I have used their products in the past and knew that it is of the finest quality. I received pecan halves, pecan pieces and pecan meal. For this recipe I used the pecan pieces and then gave them a whirr in the food processor to chop them more finely.
I used the pecan meal, with which I was unfamiliar prior to receiving it in this recipe for Pecan Crusted Pork Chops. They turned out marvelous.
Millican's has also joined with the other sponsors to provide our readers with some marvelous prizes. You will find a list of prizes and the raffle to enter to win at the bottom of this post.
I knew I wanted to share this recipe with you because it is such a great foil for these wonderful pecans. Then, when I went to make them, I could only find one of my mini muffin pans. How does a pan just completely disappear from your cupboard?
So these took me twice as long to make but they are worth it. We snacked on a few and then I put the rest into a tin to go into the freezer. They are perfect for Christmas but I'm pulling them out and serving them on Thanksgiving instead of baking a pecan pie to go along with the pumpkin pie this year.
Pecan Pie Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, divided, room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 T. corn syrup
- 3/4 c. finely chopped pecans
- 2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup of the butter. Stir in the powdered sugar and syrup until sugar melts. Add the pecans and bring to a boil. Cook stirring until well combined. Turn onto a piece of parchment or aluminum foil and set aside to cool.
- In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the remaining 3/4 cup of butter with the brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Combine the flour and baking powder and gradually add to the butter mixture on low speed until combined. Increase speed and beat until well blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop place some dough into each well of an ungreased miniature muffin pan. Press with your fingers to mold it covering the bottom and sides of the well. Add a little of the pecan mixture into the depression in the dough. It doesn't have to cover the bottom completely. It will melt and fill out the depression as it bakes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, until cookie is lightly browned. Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from a recipe found at Allrecipes.
Sat. Fat (grams)2.56
Time for the Giveaway
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800's, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950's, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.