Friday, February 19, 2016

The Weekly Menu....maybe....unless it changes.....and a Book Review

Life is very unpredictable so menus get moved around a lot in this house.  My MIL is having some medical problems so the family is all taking turns staying with her while she is being treated.  This means that Frank and I have just been passing each other in the hospital room as I come to relieve him or vice versa.  Mom is getting better but will probably be going into a rehab center to try to regain her strength.  It has been a tough 6 months or so for her.

Image result for brown eyed susans book

I was listening to an audible book that got done quickly with all the driving back and forth.  It was an audible daily deal and I probably would never have bought it otherwise.  It turned out to be very good.  I liked the protagonist very much and many of the secondary characters. It is the story of a serial killer that inadvertently left one of his victims alive in the grave.  She was recovered and an innocent man convicted of the crimes and placed on death row.  It is 17 years later and his time is running out when Tessa, the last known victim, begins working with his attorney to have the conviction overturned.  The story swings between present day and the days prior to the abduction and following the recovery.  The narrator did a great job and I am giving this book 4 out 5 stars.

Tonight we are taking our friends from church who sang at my Mom's funeral Mass out for dinner as a thank you for all their time and hard work.

Tomorrow night we are going to a birthday/welcome home party for our friend Greg.  Wednesday we have a ecumenical Lenten service that our church is hosting, Thursday is choir practice.  Friday I am working the Fish Fry at church.  In between we will be helping out with Mom Klik as much as we can and I will have my Little Angel Face for a couple of days while her Mama works.

I am taking a couple of dishes to the party for Greg and I have 2 lbs. of burger that I have to use as I removed it from the freezer last week and never go to it.  I will be making both Sunday and Tuesday meals tomorrow so that the burger is used.

I am posting the Weekly Menu as I am planning but, of course, it is subject to and probably will change.  I will post recipes and photos as time permits.

Saturday-Greg's Party
Pizza Bites
Kielbasa and Sauerkraut

Sunday
Lasagna
Salad
Garlic Bread

Meatless Monday
Spinach and Cheese Calzones

Tuesday
Chili
Cornbread

Wednesday
Soup and Scripture at Church

Thursday
Out for dinner before choir

Fish Friday
Working the Fish Fry at Church

2 comments:

  1. I hope that Frank's mother is on the mend! You guys have sure had a hard start in 2016! Sending prayers and hugs your way. I just added this book to my TBR list (which of course just keeps growing bigger and bigger) Sounds like some good food coming this week!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.