Monday, September 15, 2014

Motivated Monday,Mom Monday, Meatless Monday

Motivated Monday

I got up early this morning and got back on track in My Quest for Fitness.  I went to the gym and did a Tabata Boot Camp Class.  This is the class that had me so sore last week.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow, it should be getting better now that I have been using my muscles again.  When I got home I cleaned out my fridge and started on my dinner for tonight.


Mom Monday

After the gym, I stopped to see Mom.  There is a new resident at the Memory Care Center, I didn't catch her name but she is Italian and every time you say anything she repeats it ending with a loud "Amen".
Every time she says "Amen", Mom says "Brother Ben, shot a Rooster and killed a Hen."

So here was our conversation this morning....
Me: Hi Mom, How are you?
Mom: Right as rain.
Italian Lady: We are all Right as Rain, Amen!
Mom: Brother Ben shot a Rooster and Killed a Hen.
Me: Good, Did you do your exercises today?
Mom: I can't remember (looks at Harriet)
Harriet: Yes we all did our exercises
Italian Lady: We exercised, Amen
Mom: Brother Ben Shot a Rooster and Killed a Hen.
Harriet: (looking at the Italian Lady) That woman is nuts!!
Me: What are we going to do now
Mom: I don't know, I think we are going to eat
Italian Lady:  We are hungry, Amen
Mom: Brother Ben shot a Rooster and Killed a Hen
Harriet: I am telling you I do not belong here!!  I need to go home
Italian Lady:  We are all going home, Amen
Mom: Brother Ben shot a Rooster and Killed a Hen.

Luckily the activity director showed up and started a sing along because Harriet and I were not sure how much more we could take LOL>


Mom has new friends every few minutes.

Meatless Monday

 I am making Vegetable Soup for dinner tonight.  My recipe was loosely adapted from Weight Watchers but it is different each time I make it but this is the basic idea and you can adapt it to suit your tastes.  You can find the printable recipe here.

I always include stock, this time I used chicken stock.
Tomatoes with their juice, celery. onions, carrots and garlic.


Then I add 8 cups of asst. veggies, whatever I happen to have.
Today I used green beans, wax beans, broccoli, cauliflower, chard, kale and cabbage.

I also decided to make some dinner rolls to go along with the soup.  But since we were having no meat I decided to "beef" up the dinner rolls by wrapping cheese inside.  You will find my dinner roll recipe here.  This makes enough for 12 dinner rolls.  I only made 6 tonight and put the extra dough into the fridge to use tomorrow.


I simply folded the dinner roll around the cheese and baked as directed.


And look at the gooey goodness oozing from our dinner rolls.
YUM!!

Linking up this Monday post with Wednesday Whatsit's because whatsit matter what day it is LOL.

One year ago-Mom and Maple Trees










4 comments:

  1. I am so, so happy that you mentioned this post in your comment to me so I could come back and read the mom part all the way. What a funny story. I need to try and post one of our dinner conversations with mom...it's bizzarre when it's happening, but it's usually pretty funny when you go back and revisit it!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.