Friday, September 12, 2014

Country Ribs and Sauerkraut

I threw together some Country Ribs and Sauerkraut last night when I got home from choir and put it in the crockpot insert and into the fridge.  This morning, I got up and plugged it in.  Let me tell you it is smelling delicious in this house...or maybe I am just getting hungry LOL.

I have given you my recipe for Kraut and Kielbasa.  Well for Country Ribs and Kraut everything is the same except you put Country Ribs in instead of Kielbasa.  I am going to give you the recipe again though just because I feel in a generous mood, but if you link back you will see a step by step pictorial of the process.

I am sharing this recipe at Inspiration Monday.  What inspired you this week?



Country Ribs and Sauerkraut 


1 package refrigerated sauerkraut, lightly rinsed
1 small head of cabbage, shredded
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 small onion sliced
2 T butter
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/2 c. brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup (your favorite variety)
3-4 Meaty Country Pork Ribs

Saute the mushrooms and onions in butter in a large sauté pan, season with salt and pepper.
Add the shredded cabbage and continue to sauté until limp.
Add the apple and brown sugar. 
Place the rinsed sauerkraut into a crockpot.  Add the sautéed mixture, cream of mushroom soup and half a can of water. Combine well.   Lay the Ribs atop the Kraut and season with salt and pepper.  Cook on low for 8-10 hrs.  Print Recipe.

I am sharing this with Trifty Thursday this week.  Stop by and sit a spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.