Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Mango Peach Margarita #MexicanRecipes

Welcome to Day 2 of our Cinco de Mayo Fiesta.  Senorita Sue de Palatable Pastimes has asked us all to share our favorite Mexican Recipes as this holiday approaches.   I, for one, am very excited because there is no such thing as too many Mexican Recipes.  We love Mexican food and eat it quite often, both at home and out to restaurants.


Of course, no fiesta is complete without a Margarita.  We love our margaritas around here and have shared several with you. My personal favorite is Frank's Fantastic Margarita but I certainly wouldn't turn down a Blueberry Margarita or this Mango Madness Margarita.  Nor would I turn down this Mango Peach Margarita that I am sharing with you today.


I cannot wait for Peach season to strike in Michigan this year so that I can use our local, fresh, juicy peaches in this drink.  It will be perfect, poolside on a hot summer day.  I am getting giddy just thinking about it.  

The secret to a good margarita is to use the best quality ingredients you can find.  In this household that means Cuervo Gold Tequila, Grand Marnier, and in this case, fresh frozen fruit as it is not stone fruit season locally.  Of course, if you can find some nice, ripe, juicy mangoes in the market you can use half fresh and half frozen until the peaches are ripe.

Mango Peach Margaritas

2 medium mangos or 4 c. frozen mango slices
3 peaches or 1 1/2 c. frozen peach slices
1/2 c. tequila
1/4 c. orange liqueur
1/4 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
10 c. ice if using fresh fruit, 3-4  c. water if using frozen fruit
sugar for rimming glasses, if desired
lime wedges or mango slices for garnish, if desired

Place the mangoes and peaches in the bottom of a heavy duty blender or into a food processor.  Add the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and ice or water.  Puree until smooth adding additional water if too thick.  

Rub a lime wedge around the edge of four margarita glasses and dip into sugar that has been placed in a shallow dish.  Divide the margarita mixture between the glasses and garnish with a slice of lime or mango, if desired.  Print Recipe

More Marvelous Mexican Recipes

Check back each and every day for new recipes by following along with the hashtag #MexicanRecipes on social media. Are you a food blogger interested in posting within our blogging community? Find out more by joining us online: Holiday Fun with Our Blog Friends.


8 comments:

  1. We love Mexican food here too and eat it at least once every week. I need some mango and peach slices to make me a margarita!! Happy Anniversary Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make me a "mocktail" version please! It looks fun and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combo to mango and peach sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! I love anything with mangoes.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.