Friday, May 5, 2017

Scallops with Garlic and Cilantro #MexicanRecipes

Welcome to the final day of our Cinco de Mayo celebration hosted by Sue of Palatable Pastime. Since today is Fish Friday, I decided to share a Mexican Seafood Recipe.


Poaching the scallops in a spicy butter sauce produces a tender, juicy dish that is hard to resist.


The best part is that this dish comes together very quickly.  In a matter of minutes it can be on the table.  I served mine with Green Rice and it made a beautiful and elegant presentation.  You don't have to take the time to make your own rice though.  I have found those individual serving cups of brown rice that microwave in 1 minute are a wonderful way to shorten prep time. Using those, this meal would be on the table in about 10 minutes. Perfect for a Friday night when you come home and are anxious to start your weekend.


I hope you have enjoyed this week of Mexican Recipes as much as I.  You will find everyone's final dish following this easy peasy and scrumptious recipe.  Happy Weekend!!

Scallops with Garlic and Cilantro
recipe from Mexican by Jane Milton

20 sea scallops (I used a package of frozen)
2 zucchini, quartered and cut into strips
6 T. butter
1 T. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 T. hot chili sauce
Juice of 1 lime
small bunch of cilantro, leaves only, chopped

Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over med high heat.  Add the zucchini and cook until softened 3-4 minutes.  Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.

Add the garlic to the pan along with the chili sauce.  Add the scallops to the pan and cook stirring constantly for a minute or two until scallops are just cooked through.  Stir in the lime juice, cilantro. and zucchini.  Serve immediately. Print Recipe

Fiesta Finale

Check back each and every day for new recipes by following along with the hashtag #MexicanRecipes on social media. Are you a food blogger interested in posting within our blogging community? Find out more by joining us online: Holiday Fun with Our Blog Friends.

6 comments:

  1. My husband is going to LOVE this one! I think I'll surprise him! (I don't like seafood, but like to surprise him once in awhile) this is going on my menu next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are the opposite here. I love it and he can take it or leave it and prefers leaving it LOL

      Delete
  2. I love scallops, so this looks amazing! My husband likes most seafood, but not lobster if you can figure that one out. It's alright, it's easier on the old wallet that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little Paige loves scallops. I have never fixed them at home. We went out for Mexican food here!! Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.