- Am I doing the right thing by Mom, choosing to keep her here with us? There are those that think Mom would be more secure and content if she were in a more stable environment. There are those that think the best place for anyone is with the people that love them. There are those who are more concerned with the affect on the caregiver that what is the best for Mom. How do I know the right answer?
- What can I do this day to make Mom more content? It always seems to depend on the day. Most days Mom wakes up ready to take on the world but some days she doesn't want to get up at all. Every day, lately she sleeps more and more. Is this just a normal part of aging or is it a sign of depression? How do I know?
- What can I do this day to nurture myself so that I have more patience with Mom's unceasing questions? All of our conversations, it seems, consist of Mom asking the same questions and me repeating the same answers for hours upon hours. I try to think of things to talk with her about that might interest her but I don't know what to say. Yesterday I read a story from one of my blogs with her and she seemed to enjoy that.
- How will I feel when Mom is gone? Will I mourn? Will I rejoice? Will I feel lost or will I revel in new found freedom? Will I have peace knowing that I did the best I could with her each and every day or will I have guilt for the times I lose my patience with her? Who knows?
- Do we do enough to help Roz and Ron out with Mom Klik or do they feel over burdened by caring for her? It is not exactly the same because Mom Klik has all her faculties, is still able to drive and be left home alone but it is still not easy having someone else living in your house. There is no sense of privacy. You can't speak openly or honestly. You can't walk around naked or fart or burp without feeling rude and awkward. We have offered to have Mom Klik move in here with us. Would that be a good choice for all concerned? Who knows?
And that leads me to one final question.....How do I quiet my heart and my soul to hear His word and to do His deed? Who Knows??
Linking up with List it Tuesday. Maybe we will find some answers there.