In fact, I have just gotten done celebrating #AppleWeek and #PumpkinWeek and I was still excited about this theme. I still had apples from the 1/2 bushel I bought for apple week even though I had made Caramel Apple Martini's, a Chopped Apple Salad , Apple and Nut Drop Cookies and an Apple Pie Skillet. I just love apples, especially Honey Crisp which is only available at this time of year.
During Pumpkin Week I had made some Brown Sugar Pumpkin to use in Empanadas. I had some leftover so I put it in the refrigerator knowing that it wouldn't go to waste. I used some for smoothies and then I saw that Bread Bakers was coming up with the Fall theme and did a little happy dance around my kitchen.
I really enjoyed this bread. It was pumpkinny and appley and not overly sweet. I think the addition of nuts would be welcome but my hubby doesn't care for nuts in his quick breads so I didn't include any. The Brown Sugar Pumpkin is easy to make and is a wonderful dessert all on it's own. You can have dessert one night, breakfast the next morning and still have enough for smoothies, cookies, cakes whatever calls out to you.
Should you not want to make a batch of Brown Sugar Pumpkin, although for the life of me I don't understand why, just increase the sugar in the recipe to 1 1/3 cups, increase the water to 1/2 cup and add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or a mixture of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
Brown Sugar Pumpkin Apple Loaf
1 2/3 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1 c. brown sugar pumpkin
1/4 c. water
1/3 c. safflower oil
1 large Honeycrisp apple, peeled, cored and diced
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined. Pour into a 9x5" loaf pan that has been treated with baking spray. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 75-90 minutes. Print Recipe
Check out what our fellow bakers have come up with:
- Apple & Olive Oil Boulé from Food Above Gold
- Apple Cider Muffins from A Baker's House
- Apple, Pear and Persimmon Stuffed Brioche from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Baked Cauliflower Breadsticks from Sneha's Recipe
- Broccoli Burger Buns from Herbivore Cucina
- Brown Sugar Pumpkin Apple Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chilli and Cheddar Potato Rolls from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Easy Apple Banana Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Figs Quick Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Harvest Bread with Sweet Potato from Cook's Hideout
- Kartofel Khleb - Russian Potato Bread from Ruchik Randhap
- Potato Bread Rolls from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Pumpkin Challah from Passion Kneaded
- Sauerkraut-Nut Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Savoury Potato Rose Rolls from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Spiced Apple Star Bread from Hostess At Heart
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.