Monday, October 10, 2016

I'm having a Smooth(ie) day, thanks to #SRC

Happy Monday everyone.  Today is the second Monday of the month which, normally, means only one thing around here....Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day.


Today, however, it means the movers are coming and the rest of our belongings will be at the new house.  We have been very busy around here.  We spent weeks packing and then Saturday began moving stuff.  Today is the last moving day.  After this we can concentrate on putting stuff away and turning our new house into our new home.

I'm never too busy for SRC though.  I did have a little panic attack last week when I realized that reveal day was only 5 days away and I hadn't even looked at my assigned blog.  Then I got really worried because I went to my calendar where I normally put my assignments and links to the sharing codes and there was nothing listed.....not even SRC!!

Our fearless leader, Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, came through for me though.  She calmed me down and re-sent all the info I needed.  My assignment was Jeanie at The Tasty Cheapskate.  I was thrilled with this assignment because:

I love this blog


I found Jeanie when I first came to group B and immediately enjoyed her style of writing.  I also enjoy that each recipe comes complete with a breakdown of what it will cost to make. I am familiar with this blog so I didn't have to spend a lot time researching.

I am familiar with this blog
When I dropped the ball with SRC this month, I was so disappointed in myself because I was afraid that I would not give my assigned blog the attention it deserved.  Being familiar with The Tasty Cheapskate made my life much easier. Time is a rare commodity while moving and Jeanie's blog was a God send.

Jeanie has tons of fast, delicious meals

In fact, she has a special category for Fast Meals (under 30 Minutes) in her recipe file.  I peeked at the Vegetarian Fajitas and the Quinoa and Black Bean Salad  because it is, after all, Meatless Monday.

There are tons of Smoothies on this blog

There are over 30 recipes for drinks and smoothie on her recipe page including the one I made that was listed with a week's worth of smoothies to prep ahead so each morning goes more Smoothie for you.  Jeanie calls these Smoothies in a Bag.

If you are a regular reader here, you know that since starting the FMD eating plan I have been a smoothie nut. Smoothies are a great way to get in your breakfast or snack on this eating plan. Today is Phase 1 which means I need to have fruit and grains for breakfast and fruit for each snack.  I am also allowed to have unlimited amount of vegetables with snacks or anytime during the day if I get hungry.

This recipe for The Brown Berry caught my eye right away.  I made some slight adaptations.  I deleted the banana because bananas are not allowed on FMD and I used cider instead of apple juice since that was what I had in the refrigerator.  Mine was more of a Green Berry than a Brown Berry but it was still perfect for my snack on a very busy day.  

Thanks Jeanie, you made my day much Smoothier!!



Green Berry Smoothie 
Adapted from The Tasty Cheapskate

2 c. spinach
1 c. frozen mixed berries
1/2 c. apple cider
1 c. water

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.  Print Recipe

More Great SRC Reveals

8 comments:

  1. I JUST located my blender from our move - in July!! I will definitely be giving this a try, Wendy. Thanks for being part of the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a great leader Cam....I'm going to miss SRC.

      Delete
  2. What a very green smoothie!! Happy that all the moving is going to end. Will be excited to hear about your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Paula...I think of you each time I make a green smoothie. I think I could make you a convert. We are completely out of the old house now and getting settled here. I will be posting soon.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I do Jeanie. I hope to meet up with you in other events now that SRC is coming to an end.

      Delete
  4. Good luck on the move! Smoothies are perfect for busy days!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.