Monday, October 31, 2016

Double Corn Muffins #MuffinMonday

Happy Muffin Monday everyone.  Today I am sharing a recipe that I served along with the first meal I cooked in our new home, Venison Gumbo Goulash.  I made these Double Corn Muffins as a side and they were perfect.

Corn muffins are one of my favorite go to's when I am looking for a side dish at dinner time. Sometimes I just have plain old Corn Muffins.  Sometimes I add flavors like in these Pumpkin Corn Muffins or I add ingredients, as I did in these Zucchini Jalapeno and Cheese Corn Muffins.

But sometimes you just want more corn flavor.  On those days I make double corn muffins.  Yep, corn muffins with corn kernels added in for extra flavor and texture.  Perfection in a little paper cup.


Start off with a basic corn muffin recipe and then add in a cup of corn kernels.  You can use fresh, frozen or canned...whatever you happen to have on hand.


This recipe is perfect, making 6 large or 9 small corn muffins, that go perfectly with so many different dinner entrees.  I like serving them with Pulled Pork, Goulash, Chili or Beer Butt Chicken. Let me know what dish you find with which to pair these scrumptious muffins.

Double Corn Muffins
slightly adapted from Betty Crocker

2/3 c. milk
3 T. safflower oil
1 egg
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. cornmeal
2 T. sugar
2 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 c. sweet corn kernels

Combine the milk, oil and egg in a large bowl.  Add flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt to the egg mixture.  Stir just until combined.  Stir in the corn kernels.

Line a 6 cup muffin pan with paper cups or treat with baking spray.  Divide the batter between the cups and bake in a preheated 350* oven, for 20-22 minutes.  Alternately, you can make 9 smaller muffins and bake for 18-22 minutes. Print Recipe





#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.

7 comments:

  1. I am a fan of all things corn, Wendy, but especially cornbread muffins. Bet these were great with Harold! Moving IS hard but you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy and thanks for taking a look back at my Goulash post. It is fun being married to Frank.

      Delete
  2. Wendy,
    I like corn muffins especially with chili. I did manage to put up plenty (I hope) of) of frozen corn this year, so I'm set for winter chili nights.
    Good luck moving!
    Ps--what temperature do you bake these at? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that Kirsten. I fixed it to show a 350* oven.

      Delete
  3. These sound delicious. I shall whip them up sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the domes you got on these!!! I love "double" corn! What a great side for your first meal in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should make these for my mother. She's a huge corn muffin fan especially when they have added kernels.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.