Friday, October 21, 2016

Pasta with Smoked Salmon for #FishFridayFoodies

Welcome back to Fish Friday Foodies where, on the third Friday of each month, we all present a recipe containing fish or seafood that complies with the theme for that month.  This month our host is Caroline of  Caroline's Cooking and she has chosen Fish and Seafood Pasta as our theme.

This made me very happy because it takes two things that I absolutely love and combines them into one dish.  What more could you ask for in life??  We eat fish and seafood pasta quite often around here and I have shared with you my recipes for Frutti di Mare, Linguini with Clam Sauce, Macaroni and Tuna Salad. Malaysian Noodles with Sausage and Crab and Seafood Lasagna.


I had some wonderful smoked salmon in my refrigerator so I decided to use that for my pasta dish.  I used brown rice pasta since I had that in my cupboard as it fit into the eating plan that I have been trying to maintain.  But that, my friends, is where any resemblance to a FMD dish ends today!  This recipe uses butter and heavy cream but every once in a while you need to splurge and this was my every once in a while.  So I poured myself a glass of wine and enjoyed every last bite of this creamy and delicious dish.


This dish reminded me of  Tuna Noodle Casserole but with Smoked Salmon.  This is fine with me because I love Tuna Noodle Casserole.  I hope you enjoy this dish and the others that are being brought to the table today.  You will find those right below the recipe.

Pasta with Smoked Salmon

1 T. butter
6 oz. mushrooms
1/2 small onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 t. lemon grass paste
1/3 c. heavy cream
6  oz. frozen peas
4 oz. smoked salmon, skin removed, flaked
1/2 lb. Brown Rice Pasta, cooked per package directions

Melt butter in skillet over med high heat.  Add mushrooms and onions, season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent and mushrooms have shrunk and are tender.  Stir in the lemon grass. Lower the heat to medium and add the cream and peas.  Cook until peas are defrosted, warmed through and the cream is reduced.  Gently stir in the salmon.  Toss with the cooked pasta adding a little of the cooking water, if needed, to thin the sauce.  Print Recipe


Interested in joining #FishFridayFoodies? Just leave a comment on this post with your blog name and I will be happy to add you to our group. You can also check out our Facebook Page and our Pinterest Board.










More Delicious Fish/Seafood Pasta Recipes



An InLinkz Link-up

11 comments:

  1. I adore smoked salmon and this looks and sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try to find lemongrass paste! P~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is found in the produce section of your grocers. Distributed by Gourmet Garden. Delicious. If you can't find it substitute lemon juice.

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love smoked salmon, but never thought about cooking with it. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happen to have some smoked salmon in the pantry, all I need is some mushrooms and I can make this. I'm with Karen on this, I love smoked salmon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would be good without the mushrooms too but I am a huge mushroom lover.

      Delete
  4. Does this use the more hot smoked salmon that's a bit drier and lighter in color rather than what tends to be called lox here (and that is what I know as smoked salmon)? Just when you talk about flaking it and removing skin. Either way, sure it is tasty. Glad you enjoyed the theme this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This used the smoked salmon bought in the chunk. It was not hot. You could also use lox in this recipe. I just use whatever I have on hand.

      Delete
  5. I have never tasted smoked salmon, looks delicious. I must try to get a tin of smoked salmon on my next visit abroad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoked Salmon is one of my favorite things Sneha. If you can find it, you should certainly give it a try.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE salmon, but I've never had a chance to try the smoked version before. It sounds fancy, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoked salmon is a lovely thing April. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.