Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Apple and Nut Drop Cookies #AppleWeek

Wow...it is already day 3 of #AppleWeek.  It is a WOW Wednesday and I am sharing a recipe with you that is certain to make you stand up, take notice and shout out a big WOW, maybe even a WOWWHEEEEE. Today's theme is Sweet Treats so make sure you scroll past my recipe to see what goodies the others have cooked up for you.

These cookies are not only easy, peasy and delicious but they are actually good for you!!  I'm telling you these cookies are the BOMB!!  They are not too sweet with some crunch and a lingering bit of  salt on the tongue.  You will want to eat more than one and that's okay! It won't even trash your diet....have two or three.

I took this recipe from a cookbook that I won called Pure Food by Kurt Beecher Dammeier. I told you all about it here.  The nice thing about this recipe, besides being yummy and healthy, is that it is written to be adapted by you to suit your likes and ingredients you have on hand.

Chef Dammeier calls them Quick and Easy Cookies. He instructs you to use your choice of nut butter, your choice of add ins and even your choice of apple or pear.

I am sharing the recipe as adapted by me for my palate and pantry. I served these cookies as dessert when our friends, Kurt and Kim, joined us for dinner.  They loved them for the taste.  Everyone, including my husband, thought that these cookies contained chocolate.  They are that good!!  I loved them because, while they are not completely #FMD friendly, they are pretty darn close so I enjoyed them completely guilt free.


Apple and Nut Drop Cookies
adapted from Pure Food, Quick and Easy Cookies

1 c. almond butter
1/2 c. oatmeal
3 T. flax seed
1/3 c. shelled pistachios
1 small apple, cored and diced (peel left on)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
kosher salt for sprinkling

Mix all ingredients, except kosher salt, in a medium bowl. Drop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Sprinkle each with a few grains of kosher salt.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven until puffed and browned on the edges, 12-15 minutes, switching and rotating the sheets halfway through the baking time.  Allow cookies to cool on the sheets for a couple of minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.  Print Recipe


Monday: Appetizers and Drinks

Tuesday: Main Dishes and Sides

Wednesday: Sweet Treats

Thursday: Apple Projects

Friday: Anything Apple Goes

6 comments:

  1. They sound delicious and pretty darn healthy too! What a great fall treat without the guilt. I am definitely going to have to whip up a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with an easy drop cookie! I'm loving all of your Apple Week's posts.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.