Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This week we are having a Beantastic experience. We are celebrating all types of beans with delicious recipes. You will find all of our groups recipes at the bottom of this post. Please stop by and take a look at all the wonderful creations that they worked so hard to make for you.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that we took in a Chinese exchange student about 8 years ago and made her our own. She has become our daughter and has now blessed us with our first grandchild, a beautiful little miss named Melody Elizabeth.
So, we cook Chinese food around here every once in a while because besides her family, Ting also really misses the food from home. I bought a cookbook a while back by Eileen Yin-Fe Lo called My Grandmother's Chinese Kitchen.
When we celebrated Chinese New Year last weekend I found a great recipe for Clams with Black Beans (See Jop Chau Hin) that I thought would be great not only for our family gathering but for today's post.
Clams with Black Beans (See Jop Chau Hin)
very slightly adapted from My Grandmother's Chinese Kitchen
2 T. oyster sauce
1 t. soy sauce
1 t. sesame oil
1 T. Chinese cooking wine
3/4 t. sugar
1 T. cornstarch
pepper to taste
5 oz. vegetable stock
30 Cherrystone Clams
3 T. peanut oil
1 T.ginger paste
1 T. minced garlic
2 T. Black Bean Garlic Sauce
Mix all ingredients for sauce and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to boil, add clams, bring back to boil and cook, stirring occasionally. As the clams begin to open remove them to a bowl and set aside.
Heat wok ove high heat. Add oil, ginger, garlic and Black Beans, stir and mix until fragrant, 1 or 2 minutes. Add clams, stir and mix for a couple of minutes. Pour in sauce. Stir continually until sauce thickens and clams are coated. Print Recipe
And here is what the others brought to the table for Sunday Supper.
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camill
- Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roasted Garlic and Black Pepper Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma's Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Navy Bean Soup by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker White Bean Kielbasa Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie's Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Colombian Red beans - Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Orecchiette with White Beans and Swiss Chard by Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
- White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coco-Cacao Bean Smoothie by Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands