Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sharing Some Thoughts on a Lazy Thursday...

I am supposed to me getting ready for Zumba right now but instead I am lying in bed with my coffee and my laptop.  It is waaaay to comfy to leave, so I am just going to sit right here and share my thoughts with you.

Image result for chayote

I was going to make Stuffed Mirliton for dinner tonight.  It was originally scheduled for Tuesday but I didn't get out to buy the Mirliton (sometimes called Chayote Squash) until yesterday and then I couldn't find any.  Perhaps it is not the season for it.  I am really not at all familiar with this squash and I guess I should have researched it before putting it on my menu.  So now I have a ham steak defrosted that I need to use tonight.  It is a gorgeous sunshiney day so I decided to make Blackened Ham Steak.  I am serving it with Cheddar Chive Biscuits and Pierogis.  I'll have to dig around and see what kind of veggies I have.  Perhaps a veggie saute since I really need to clean out the refrigerator today.

Our nephew, Randy will be here this evening and will be having dinner with us tomorrow night.  We were originally going to the Parish Fish Fry....that reminds me....I have to bake cookies today! We will check with him and see if he wants to do the fish fry or go somewhere else.....either way I don't have any cooking planned for tomorrow.

Other than cleaning my refrigerator and baking cookies this morning, the rest of the day is going to be spent watching Little Miss while her Mom works.  Speaking of Moms....I stopped in yesterday to see mine and she looked at me and asked if she knew me.  I told her I was Wendy and she said "oh that's right, my sister".  She had no recollection yesterday of anyone in her life.  She promptly forgot that I was her "sister" or anyone that she knew at all.  I think she thought I was one of the "people" who work for her and are so nice to her.  I told her it was easy to be nice to her since we loved her and she replied "yes, and you don't want me to fire you either".  I agreed that I really did not want to get fired.

I just find comfort in the fact that she is content and happy in her own little world.  We went and watched the finches for a while.  We walked around looking for the cat. Looked at some photos on my phone.  She showed me her room at the "resort" and then it was time for relaxation therapy. When I left she was in a darkened area, lit with candles, wrapped in a blanket that had been sprayed in lavender, listening to soft music and getting a hand massage.  She was happy as a clam.....snug as a bug in a rug....curled up like a kitten....you get the idea.

I am also going to work on my Menu for my St. Pat's dinner on Tuesday so you might hear back from me later today if I get it ready to post and Miss Melody takes a nap.  The chances are pretty good for that this afternoon because she is at her swimming lessons this morning and that usually wears her out.

Okay, my coffee cup is empty.  Have a good day all.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about your mom yesterday and wondering how she was doing. I am glad that you can accept where she is and not stress over the fact she doesn't know who you are. I think that would be the hardest part of Alzheimer's but you have such a perfect handle on it. I loved your post today!!! Just exactly how I am feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need days like this every once in a while Paula. Hope yours is relaxing and peaceful.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.