This was a great assignment for me because Anna also likes to use organic ingredients that are local and raised ethically, kindly and sustainably. This is very important to me. So important that I raise much of my own meat. All of my eggs. I belong to an organic CSA. And ther remainder of my meat products are provided by local farmers whose belief system matches my own.
I perused Anna's blog and found a lot of recipes that caught my eye and looked delicious but did not necessarily meet out theme of potatoes. I found a really scrumptious recipe for Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad (does that make your mouth water too?) but I am the only blue cheese lover in this household. I found a great flatbread with White Sweet Potato and Fennel, which I love and I am, for sure, going to make this one day.
Then, as I was nosing around at Anna's fish recipes I found a side dish featured with her Salmon in White Wine Sauce......Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes....whoooooop! I found my recipe!!
I served them with unstuffed porkchops and glazed carrots. They were delicious!! They were easy peasy!! They are going to be made quite often around here. Thanks Anna and I am going to try the Salmon too.
Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
from Anna Dishes
Salt and Pepper
Place a thin layer of olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold your potatoes without crowding them. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar and toss to coat. Roast until tender, tossing the potatoes every 10 minutes.
*note: The dish I was serving to go with these potatoes required a 400* oven and the potatoes took 20 minutes to cook to the desired tenderness. Roasting time will vary depending on the temperature and size of potatoes.
Take a look at what other potato recipes were cooked up this month:
- Bacon Wrapped Potatoes w/ Sriracha Sauce by Debra from Eliot's Eats
- Bacon-wrapped Smashed Redskin Puffs by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Basil Lime Gin Gimlet by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Cheddar Scallion Potato Buns by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Chicken Pot Pie by Heather from girlichef
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup by Kim from Liv Life
- Chocolate, Coconut, Butterscotch and Oatmeal Cake Cookies by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Daisy's Noisette Potatoes by Janet from Cupcakes to Caviar
- Honey Dijon Roasted Potato Salad by Ramona from Curry and Comfort
- Irish Brown Bread by Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Irish Old Fashioned Cocktail by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Okie Peasant Potato Soup by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Potato and Celery Root Puree by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Potato and White Bean Soup with Sage by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Potato Rolls by Kelli from Kelli's Kitchen
- Potatoes O'Brien by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Slow Cooker Beef and Guinness Pie by Anna from annaDishes
- Smoked Salmon Chowder by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Tchertma (Zucchini and Eggs) by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- Thin Crispy French Fries by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake