Friday, March 20, 2015

Fabulous Fish Friday

Earliler this month I shared with you a wonderful recipe for Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes.  I took this recipe from Anna of Anna Dishes for our Bloggers CLUES Society.  Anna served her potatoes with a Salmon in White Wine Sauce that sounded lovely.  I served mine with pork chops but I marked Anna's salmon recipe for another day.

Guess what??  Today is that day......

It is the first day of Spring and salmon screams out Spring to me.  It is also Fish Friday.  We haven't been eating home much on Fish Friday, instead going to area Lenten Fish Fry Dinners, but today we had nothing at all on our schedule.  I love days like this where I can putz around the house taking care of chores I have been putting off.  Spend some time reading a book or flipping through a magazine. Walk around my yard and see if there are any signs of Spring, springing up....there's not.  And, of course, spend time in the kitchen, creating a lovely meal to share and enjoy with my family.

I adapted Anna's recipe slightly.  I did not marinade the salmon in the white wine prior to cooking. But I did drizzle it with olive oil and add the wine to the baking dish prior to putting it in the oven. I know that there are those that believe fish and cheese do not go together but I am not of that belief and Anna's White Wine Cheese Sauce was perfect. I did adapt it slightly by using parmesan cheese since I was pairing my salmon with Spring Vegetable Risotto.  Oh, and I didn't have any pistachios so I just deleted them from the recipe but I am sure they would have added a nice crunch to the dish.


Salmon with White Wine Sauce
adapted from Anna Dishies

3 skinless salmon fillets
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil
1 1/2 c. white wine, divided
4 T. butter
3/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
freshly ground pepper

Place salmon fillets in a baking dish.  Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Add 1/2 c. wine to the baking dish and place in a preheated 350* oven for 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.

While salmon bakes, place remaining 1 c. of wine in a saucepan and bring to a boil, reducing by half. Reduce heat to low and whisk in the butter and the cream.  Stir in the parmesan cheese and continue to cook until thickened.   Spoon over fish fillets prior to serving.  Print Recipe

6 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the recipe! Yours looks absolutely scrumptious!! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy Dishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love salmon. Haven't fixed it in a good long while. I wonder if the kids would like it since they really aren't all that into fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used up the last of my fresh caught Michigan Salmon that was in the freezer. Not the least fishy tasting.

      Delete
    2. Maybe if I had some fresh caught Michigan Salmon...LOL. I usually buy mine from the Schwann man! But haven't for years since the kids are here and it is too expensive to have them turn their nose up.

      Delete
    3. True words Paula and you can always get your salmon fix on those rare occasions you get to eat out.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.