Saturday, March 14, 2015

Time for the Weekly Menu...The Pi day edition

Today is Pi Day.  It is extra special this year because it is 3.1415.  That won't happen again for another 100 years so this is my only shot for blogging about it.



It is also Saturday, the day I sit down and figure out what I am going to feed my family for the rest of the week.  I choose to do my menus on Saturday because I pick up my harvest from our CSA, when the season is upon us, on Friday and I try to work my menu around what I find in my basket each week.  It is still too early, here in Michigan, for our CSA baskets but it is getting closer and I am getting excited about it.  A weekly menu is a good thing.  Not only does it help you to use what you have stockpiled in the house but it saves you from standing in front of the fridge at 5 pm wondering what you should make and then picking up the phone and ordering carry out or delivery.  Spoken from a "been there, done that" perspective.

Tonight we are going out to dinner to celebrate our sister in law, Rebecca's birthday.

Tomorrow we are having Soup Sunday as I share the recipe I made for my Cook the Books club. I will also make the soup for Tuesday at this time.

Meatless Monday this week is going to be a new recipe for Mac and Cheese.  I will be sharing the recipe later in the week. I will have it all ready to go into the oven as I have a meeting at the church and will call Frank when I am on the way home so he can put it in the oven. I will also put together the cheesecake for my dinner party in the morning before I meet Amy for lunch.

On Tuesday, we are celebrating St. Pat's Day with a dinner party.  You can see my menu here.  Both entrees will be made using crockpots because I have an appointment for Mom Klik to attend that morning so I will be able to have these ready to be plugged in before I leave.

Wednesday will be a leftover day, Thursday we will grab dinner out before choir practice and Friday we will be having fish.

Please stop by each day as I share photos and recipes with you.  You can find more menu ideas by joining me at Menu Plan Monday.

Saturday
Out for Birthday Celebration

Sunday
Navy Bean Soup with Ham
Corn Bread

Monday
Surprise Mac and Cheese

Tuesday
See menu here

Wednesday
Leftovers

Thursday
Out for Dinner

Friday
Salmon with Lemon White Wine Sauce
Spring Vegetable Risotto-Lidia's Family Table


2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said about menu planning. And might I add it saves a lot of money. Because you know what you are buying when you go to the store and you just don't pile your cart high with things that aren't going to be used. I have really saved since I started menu planning

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.