Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Summer Cocktails


I know that we are just welcoming Spring and for some of us it is very sloooooooow coming, but my friend Cam, of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, is already thinking Summer.  Of course, she lives in Sunny California so it is much closer to Summer there than it is here in Michigan. Not that I'm jealous or anything, not at all....not me....nope.....

Cam has gotten together a great group of people to put together a weeks worth of Summertime recipes and we are going to be sharing them with you the first week of June.  They will get you through the whole summer....for every bbq, cookout, picnic, ice cream social, bonfire.....that you will have.  We are all excited about it and cannot wait to share all of our ideas with you.

Cam has also rounded up some sponsors.  You know what that means....Right.....that means giveaways to you, our lucky readers.  Our sponsors are very excited too.  They want to ensure that our party is a great success so they have already climbed aboard and are sending us out packages early so we have plenty of time to create wonderful and memorable feasts, parties, picnics and casual get togethers to pass on to you.

One of our sponsors is Quirk Books and they sent us this fantastic book, Summer Cocktails, by Maria Del Mar Sacasa. 


When I got home from running errands this afternoon this book was waiting for me on my doorstep.  I was very excited and immediately sat down to flip through it.  The photography is stunning and the recipes are intriguing.  I am going to have a lot of fun with this book.  And it is not just a cocktail book....there are kitchen tips and recipes too.  Wooohooooo.

When Frank came home, I handed him the book to look at while I started dinner.  Next thing I knew he was pulling a bottle from the bar, squeezing limes and making simple syrup.


When dinner was ready so were these lovely, refreshing cocktails.  These, my friends, are daquiris. Maria writes "Forget the fruity drinks the cabana boy hands you at the pool in a resort. The real daquiri is spare and certain."  I am not a daquiri fan and when I think of daquiris I picture those frozen strawberry or lime green concoctions that give me brain freeze.  Well, these drinks have changed all of that and now I AM a daquiri fan!!!


Daquiri
from Summer Cocktails by Maria Del mar Sacasa

2 oz. light rum
3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
1/2 oz simple syrup
Ice Cubes
Lime slices for Garnish

Cobine rum, lime juice and syrup in an ice filled shaker.  Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled glass.  Garnish with lime slice and serve.  Print Recipe


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those look so inviting. I love me a daiquiri! Especially when the temps are up there around 100*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they would be very refreshing but just as refreshing at 80* which is perfect for me

      Delete
  2. These look great, Ill take mine with the cabana boy though ;) I cant wait to create something from my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See Danielle....the age difference is showing....I would take mine with the poolside resort....with a book sans the cabana boy LOL

      Delete
  3. These cocktails look wonderful. Look so refreshing for summer. Thank you very much for the recipes. I attended a summer party at the party venues Houston TX a few months back. There were so many cocktail varieties over there. I loved watermelon cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried a watermelon cocktail. I will have to seek one out. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.