Friday, September 5, 2014

Whispers from the Past

I am, once again, joining Kate at 5 Minute Friday.  I love this little project each Friday because it gives me 5 minutes of peace and relaxation.  5 minutes where I don't have to think about what I am writing.  Whether my spelling and grammar are perfect.  Whether my sentences end on prepositions. Whether they run on and on with no commas or periods or colons.  I just write and you should join us.

Today's prompt is Whisper.



Go

A package arrived for Mom yesterday from Larry and Mary in California.  When we got to the Memory Care Center today all the residents were sitting around playing a game so we sat back and enjoyed watching all of them trying to come up with the endings of common phrases like "a hit is as good as___________.  Mom does very well with these games so it always makes her happy to play.

When the game was over, I gave Mom her package.  She couldn't for the life of her understand why she was getting a package all the way from California.  She opened her package and found a wonderful photo album that Mary had put together for her.  I watched her go through the photos and I watched them whisper memories to her.  She looked at a photo of herself and asked "Is that me?"  and then she came across a photo of her sister Joann and it whispered to her and she knew she knew that lady but she couldn't put a name to her.  I told her it was Joann and she said "Our Joann?"  I replied that it was and she said she couldn't believe after all these years she got a picture of her sister.

Stop



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blessing for your mom! I loved reading about this today. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Patricia. I'm glad I could make you smile.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Wendy. NYC awaited. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful whisper...both to your mom and to you

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.