Friday, September 26, 2014

Let's Get Cheesy...Day 7 of #10DaysofTailgate....Dunkin Duck

Dips are always a big hit at any party but especially a tailgate party where people don't want to wander too far.  I get tired of serving up the same old salsa, guacamole, onion dip, nacho cheese dip, etc and went on the hunt for something new.  I came across this recipe by Deliciously Sprinkled that was exactly what I was looking for and as a bonus I was able to use some more of the Duck Bacon provided by Maple Leaf Farms, one of the sponsors of #10DaysofTailgate.

Speaking of sponsors, they have generously provided prize packages for our readers to win.  You can enter the raffle here.



Dunkin Duck, Cheesy Bacon Ranch Dip
adapted from Deliciously Sprinkled

1 (8oz) pkg, cream cheese, softened
3 T. creamy ranch dressing
1 c. Colby Jack shredded cheese
1/4 c. Dark Beer
3 strips Duck Bacon, diced and cooked (you can use regular or turkey bacon as well)

In large bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and ranch dressing until smooth and creamy.  Mix in the beer. Add the Cheese and Bacon, reserving some for garnish if desired.  Blend until combined.  Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving. Print Recipe

Here's what the rest of the crew brought to the table...

Starters
Diablo’d Cheesy Bacon-Onion Pinwheel Rolls by Things I Make (for Dinner)
Mains
Honey Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
Thai Chicken Skewers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup by From Gate to Plate

Sides
Grilled Parsley Potatoes by Curious Cuisiniere
Grilled Vegetables by Summer Scraps

Sweets
Pumpkin Bars by The Pajama Chef







9 comments:

  1. We have similar recipes! Great minds think a like! Yours sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dip! What a fantastic addition to the dishes from today - looks so creamy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah, it was tasty. Next time I am going to add some garlic.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I LOVE this, Wendy! Thanks for sharing with #10DaysofTailgate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. This was a great recipe Lauren. Next time I make it I am going to add some of the fresh herbs we received from Gourmet Garden

      Delete
  5. Great idea for that duck bacon!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.