Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Very Full Day

We started running as soon as we got in last night and then we were tired when we got back to the room so I neglected to share it with you.

This is the kind of room available in NYC for $200 per night.  


This is the view with Frank standing at the door and me walking out of the bathroom


This is the view with Frank standing by the bathroom and me standing by the door.


This is the bathroom.

Fortunately it appears clean enough, except for the carpet so I refuse to take my socks off, and we left very early this morning and are ready to crash now that we are back.  We were out the door by 8 am and had breakfast at a deli on the corner.  It was delicious.  Then we hopped on the tour bus and went uptown to Central Park, Harlem,The Bronx and Times Square.


Central Park


Times Square


Yankee Stadium


Then we had lunch at this incredible deli.  Frank and I split a corned beef sandwich and then I ended up giving half of my half to Larry.  It was HUGE!!  and delicious!

We got onto the Downtown Tour Bus and drove through the shopping districts finally arriving at the Twin Towers Footprint Memorial, the Preview of the Museum and Tower One.


The Memorial


Preview Museum


Tower One

After we were done with this heart-wrenching part of our visit we walked for 24 Miles...or at least 2 miles...to the water ferry so that we could get a river tour that takes us past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.


Lady Liberty


Ellis Island.


We went back to the theatre district and had dinner at Carmines.  We had to wait 45 minutes for a table but we did get seats in the bar and it felt good to relax for a bit.  Dinner was delicious and there was tons of it, which meant that we all over ate.

We had planned on going to the Empire State Building after dinner but we were all done in so we called it a night.

One year ago--Delightful Date Night


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous trip. Richard and I, in all our traveling, never made it to NYC. Maybe I'll get to go someday. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are enjoying it Paula. NYC is amazing but like any other big city it is crowded, rude and dirty.

      Delete
  2. NYC is on my bucket list...I want to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, the 9/11 Memorial and the Statue of Liberty...and every single Broadway show that is playing!!! Is that too much to ask??? I'm sure I will hate the rude part...I've avoided the city my entire life. Used to go to upstate NY every year - so peaceful and beautiful, but never made time for the city. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lisa. I kind of feel about NYC as I do about most other large cities. I enjoyed seeing what I cam to see but have no desire to come back now that I have. I will have to come back at least once more though because I never got to Ellis Island...so as long as I am coming back I will see more Broadway shows!!

      Delete
  3. Next big city- how about Paris in 2016 with us! Small rooms, crowded and busy- but Paris is actually clean now, and the French are nice!! It's amazing!! ( I hated it in 1969) our little apartment was about $150 a night. J'taime Paris��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister loved Paris too Linda...I do want to go to Europe but France isn't really on the list. How about Italy, Germany and Poland...you can join us!!

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.