Monday, September 14, 2026

Sweet and Sour Chicken Meatballs #FallFlavors

Chicken Meatballs warmed in a homemade sweet-and-sour sauce studded with fresh bell peppers, served over a brown rice-quinoa blend for a perfect, quick, and easy fall dinner as the kids head back to school.

Sweet and Sour Chicken Meatballs

We are celebrating the Flavors of Fall this week..........

Jolene of Jolene's Recipe Journal hosts this annual event that I look forward to each year.  I strive to eat seasonally, and I love when the weather starts to cool and my body starts craving warm comfort foods.

Let's see what the others are sharing for this first day of Fall Flavors........


Chicken meatballs pin


I used pre-packaged Amylu Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Meatballs purchased from Costco for this dinner, but you can use your favorite recipe or brand with the same wonderful results.


Entrees, Chicken, Meatballs, Semi-Homemade, Sweet, Sour
Entrees, Chicken
Asian
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Sweet and Sour Chicken Meatballs

Sweet and Sour Chicken Meatballs

Chicken Meatballs warmed in a homemade sweet-and-sour sauce studded with fresh bell peppers, served over a brown rice-quinoa blend for a perfect, quick, and easy fall dinner as the kids head back to school.


Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 30 MinTotal time: 35 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 pkg. precooked pineapple teriyaki chicken meatballs (I used Amylu brand)
  • 1 c. pineapple juice
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. seasoned rice vinegar
  • 2 T. ketchup
  • 2 T. soy sauce
  • 1 T. cornstarch
  • 1/4 c. water

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
  2. Whisk the cornstarch into the water, then whisk this mixture into the pineapple juice mixture; cook until slightly thickened.
  3. Add the meatballs and simmer in the sauce until heated through. Serve over rice of choice.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

108

Fat (grams)

0 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

0 g

Carbs (grams)

26 g

Fiber (grams)

0 g

Net carbs

26 g

Sugar (grams)

21 g

Protein (grams)

1 g

Sodium (milligrams)

586 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

0 mg

14 comments:

  1. Now that I've mastered making chicken and turkey meatballs...recipes like this one make me so happy! This would be a huge hit in our house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those frozen meatballs sound flavorful and perfect for this recipe! I wish we had Costco near us, we're so far from everything. My family will enjoy recipe this for a cozy, delicious supper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcelle. It is a hike for us too, about an hour drive, but I make the trek once a month.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to make a Costco run asap! This sounds so comforting and delicious, perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet and sour meatballs! I've not used seasoned rice vinegar in them before...Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is a delicious and easy to make weeknight fall meal! I love meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love Costco for helping make dinner time easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way! Makes me so happy to break out the flannel and enjoy some heartier comfort food meals like this one!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.