That zucchini just keeps multiplying on my counter. Now it is showing up in buckets on my front porch!!!
I do appreciate my neighbor's generosity, but I'm running out of ideas. Luckily, Frank held an impromptu CPL class for another neighbor last week. I took one of those zucchinis and turned it into these delicious Orange Zucchini Cranberry Muffins.
There was only one student, so we have been enjoying the rest of these muffins all week. Now we just need to figure out what to do with the rest of that squash...
I might make another batch of these muffins, as they freeze well. Or, perhaps, some mini zucchini breads. Is it too early to start my Christmas baking?
Tonight we are going out to dinner with Jessica and her family for my last birthday celebration of the month. I'll see if the Angel Face wants to come home with me for the weekend. Tomorrow night, I am watching Little Miss and Mister M. Their parents are attending an Ed Sheeran concert.
Tuesday morning, Frank and I are leaving for an RV outing in Cadillac, a few hours north of us. This was originally planned as a prelude to a Rod Stewart concert at Soaring Eagle Casino that we were going to attend on the way home; however, Sir Rod has undergone surgery and needs rest. We canceled our night at the Casino Campground but decided to keep the reservations in Cadillac. It's a beautiful area that we haven't visited in a while.
I'm sharing our weekly menu; you will notice several squash recipes appearing as I try to use up my gift bucket LOL......
Chunky Zucchini Soup
Sunday Supper
Chicken, Tomato and Zucchini Packets
Meatless Monday
Grilled Veggie Pasta
Tuesday-Camping
Dinner out
Wednesday-Camping
Grilled Steaks
Potato Planks
Corn on the Cob
Thursday
Dinner out on the way home
Fish Friday
Crab Linguine
Yield: 12 Muffins

Orange Zucchini Cranberry Muffins
Tender, sweet muffins flavored with orange, filled with zucchini and dried cranberries, for the perfect grab-and-go treat.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 25 MinTotal time: 35 Min
Ingredients
- 2 c. flour
- 3/4 t. baking powder
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- zest of one orange
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini (2-3 c. grated)
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
Instructions
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and orange zest. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla. Pour into the well and mix until just combined.
- Squeeze the zucchini in paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Add to the bowl with the cranberries and stir to combine.
- Divide between 12 muffin cups that have been treated with baking spray and bake in a preheated 375* oven for 25 minutes, until a skewer inserted removes cleanly.
Nutrition Facts
Calories
331Fat (grams)
15 gSat. Fat (grams)
2 gCarbs (grams)
48 gFiber (grams)
1 gNet carbs
47 gSugar (grams)
31 gProtein (grams)
3 gSodium (milligrams)
224 mgCholesterol (grams)
27 mgProperty of A Day in the Life on the Farm





When I have LOTS of zucchini I do Deb Perlman's Summer Squash Pizza - it takes lots of zucchini and it is amazingly yummy! You can also make it and freeze it.
ReplyDelete