I call this Summer Chicken Stew, not only because it is chock-full of the flavors of the season, but also because it is cooked using a slow cooker, perfect for hot summer days when you don't want to heat up the house.
- Grilled Summer Squash and Quinoa by That Recipe
- Japanese Kani Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pickled Red Onion Southwestern Deviled Eggs by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Kale by Art of Natural Living
- Roasted Tomato Tarts with Lemon Basil Ricotta by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Potato, Eggplant, Tomato, and Cheddar Gratin by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mexican Street Corn/Esquites by Magical Ingredients
- Grilled Nectarines with Goat Cheese by Rave About Food
- Summer Chicken Stew by A Day in the Life on the Farm

Summer Chicken Stew
I call this Summer Chicken Stew, not only because it is chock-full of the flavors of the season, but also because it is cooked using a slow cooker, perfect for hot summer days when you don't want to heat up the house.
Ingredients
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can of Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 c. peeled and diced tomatoes or 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
- Place the onion, carrots, garlic, beans, tomatoes, spinach, and chicken into a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in the basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts
Calories
357Fat (grams)
4 gSat. Fat (grams)
1 gCarbs (grams)
45 gFiber (grams)
12 gNet carbs
34 gSugar (grams)
11 gProtein (grams)
38 gSodium (milligrams)
427 mgCholesterol (grams)
73 mg




Summer Stew...I just love the sound of that! And now that I'm currently home all day...I can actually use the slow cooker. I always have to keep an eye on a certain kitty that likes to lick the steam on the rim of the crockpot. Fun stuff!!!
ReplyDelete