Easy to make and lovely to serve, these little bites of goodness will be a big hit at any end-of-summer gathering or as an addition to lunchboxes as the kids return to school and life gets busier and more complicated again...
I had originally made these for our Back to School Treats event. Unfortunately, the event was canceled due to low participation. I still want to share the recipe though because it is so versatile. It can certainly go into lunchboxes, but it is equally good as an appetizer, a home lunch, a potluck dish, a picnic treat, or anytime you want a delicious, healthy snack.
If these are the responses you get when trying to plan your meals, this wrap will work. Fill it with any fresh vegetables you have in your refrigerator, and when they ask what it is, say "I don't know".
Speaking of meal plans, it is time for our Weekly Menu. I don't always stick to the plan, but it helps me to make one before grocery shopping. I then know what I have and what I need. A list also keeps me from compulsive buying, and that is always a good thing.
Tomorrow, Amy is having the family over for my Birthday dinner. Well, part of the family. We celebrated Pierre's and my birthdays last weekend, as they are going out of town this weekend. Chuck, of course, does not live locally. Jessica, Julien, and the Angel Face are going on vacation, so we are getting together next Friday night for dinner. Sunday, we are celebrating Kirsten's mom's 90th birthday.
Saturday
Birthday Dinner at Amy's
Sunday
Birthday party for Carolyn
Meatless Monday
Vegan Pasta Salad with Jalapeno Pesto
Taco Tuesday
Cheesy Ground Beef Tacos
Wednesday
Thai Chicken Pasta Salad
Thursday
Grilled Bratwurst with Red Sauerkraut
Friday
Out with J, J, and M for my Birthday
Yield: 2 wraps or 12 appetizers

Veggie Wraps
Easy to make and lovely to serve, these little bites of goodness will be a big hit at any end-of-summer gathering or as an addition to lunchboxes as the kids return to school and life gets busier and more complicated again...
Prep time: 5 MinTotal time: 5 Min
Ingredients
- 3 oz. Boursin Cheese, garlic and herb flavor, room temperature
- 3 broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and stemmed
- 3 scallions, white and light green sections
- 2 large or 4 small flour tortillas
Instructions
- Place the broccoli, bell pepper, carrot, and scallions into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the chopped vegetables over the cheese and roll the tortilla around the mixture. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- If serving as an appetizer or pinwheels, trim the ends from the rolls, and then cut into 1" slices.
Nutrition Facts
Calories
399Fat (grams)
23 gSat. Fat (grams)
14 gCarbs (grams)
40 gFiber (grams)
4 gNet carbs
36 gSugar (grams)
6 gProtein (grams)
10 gSodium (milligrams)
736 mgCholesterol (grams)
44 mgProperty of A Day in the Life on the Farm




No comments:
Post a Comment
I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.