I received 3 lovely bottles of wine from Veramonte as samples of Organic Chilean Wines for our World Wine Travel group this month. I received no monetary compensation and all opinions are strictly my own.
- A Chilean Pinot Noir with Seafood Stuffed Atlantic Salmon by Our Good Life
- Oysters in Herb Butter with a Veramonte Chardonnay and a Book Review by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prepare for Sauvignon Blanc Day: Chile’s Biodynamic Matetic Paired with Chimichurri Blackened Halibut by Wine Predator...Gwendolyn Alley
- Sheep in the Vineyard, Wine from Organic Grapes in My Glass by My Full Wine Glass
- Wishing You Happy Earth Day with An Organic Pinot Noir from Chile + A Quintessential Pasta from Rome by Culinary Cam
Grilled Oysters in Herb Butter
- 1 stick butter, divided into tablespoons
- handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 24 oysters, scrubbed
- Light a gas grill to med high heat.
- Place the butter, parsley, basil, garlic, zest and juice in a small sauce pan. If you have a side grill place the pan on it over medium heat, otherwise place the pan directly onto your grill.
- Place the oysters, cupped side down, directly onto the grill and close the lid. Check the oysters every minute and remove them as they start to open, transferring them to a baking sheet that has been lined with crumpled aluminum foil, cup side down to prevent the juices from spilling. After 4 minutes, remove and discard any oysters that did not open.
- Using an oyster knife, open the oysters completely and cut the oyster from the top shell placing it in the cup with the oyster juice. Carefully return the open oysters to the grill and ladle about 1 Tablespoon of butter over each. Close and cook for a minute until hot and bubbly.
- Return to the crumpled foil and serve immediately with some good bread.
Adapted from a recipe found at the NY Times.
Fat (grams)3.84 g
Sat. Fat (grams)2.43 g
Carbs (grams)0.39 g
Fiber (grams)0.03 g
Net carbs0.36 g
Sugar (grams)0.05 g
Protein (grams)0.17 g
Sodium (milligrams)39.76 mg
Cholesterol (grams)10.68 mg