Friday, April 14, 2023

Printemps Accueillant et le Menu de la Semaine #Winophiles

The French Winophiles are celebrating Springtime in Paris.  I decided to bring Strawberries in Cremant with Chantilly Cream to the party.

Strawberries and Cremant

Don't worry....Chantilly Cream is just French for Sweetened Whipped Cream and Cremant is a delicious and affordable sparkling wine from Alsace making this a perfect dessert for Celebrating Spring (Printemps Accueillant).  I am also sharing my Menu de la Semaine today.....usually known as the Weekly Menu on this blog.  

Cindy of Grape Experiences invited us to join her this month in Celebrating Springtime in Paris saying;
Springtime in Paris is beautiful - although some days and nights are chilly! Gardens are beginning to bloom and the anticipation of the new season result in a sense of joie de vivre... and a need to enjoy a good glass of wine, bistro fare and plenty of people watching!

I am planning a trip to France next Spring so I couldn't wait to jump into this event.  I tossed around several ideas of foods and wine that I might find to enjoy in a Parisian Bistro.  I thought about Quiche which I love but I have already shared several including Asparagus and Ham, Chicken and Spinach, Spring Vegetable and, of course, the classic Quiche Lorraine.

Then I thought about making Escargots and I am. But not for today's post.  That appetizer is being taken to our friends the Pryrt's who have invited us to dinner tomorrow night.  Stay tuned for that recipe that I am borrowing from my friend Stacy of Food Lust People Love.

Cremant D'Alsace

n the end I decided to look at what French Wines I had in my collection and let that decide the recipe that I would make to pair with it.  I was thrilled when I found this Rose Cremant from Alsace.  Does anything scream Spring or Celebration more than a sparkling wine?  I think not!!!

That find also made my springtime recipe a very easy choice dessert and sparkling wine are such a great marriage and strawberries and cream are a wonderful springtime treat.  This Cremant is crisp and bone dry with bubbles to tickle the nose and floral flavors to complement the strawberries.

Cremant and macerated strawberries

Simply macerate the best strawberries you can find in the juice of an orange, a little powdered sugar and some of the sparkling wine while you whip some heavy cream with a touch of powdered sugar.

Strawberries in Cremant with Chantilly Cream

Serve up the macerated strawberries with a dollop of the Chantilly Creme, pour a flute of the Cremant used to macerate the berries, find a beautiful spot to sit outside and enjoy the weather. Whether in Paris or not....Spring has Sprung and Life is very, very good.

Cindy is hosting a chat all about Springtime in Paris tomorrow morning at 11 AM ET. You will find us on Twitter by following #Winophiles.  We would love to see you there.  Here are some of the wines and topics you will find us discussing......

  • Wendy Klik from A Day in the Life on the Farm welcomes Spring with “Printemps Accueillant” 
  • Camilla Man of Culinary Cam pairs Gougères + Château de Fabrègues Costières de Nîmes 
  • Gwendolyn Lawrence Ally at Wine Predator is Countering Paris Blues with French Rosé and Monte Cristo Seasoned Fontal Sandwiches 
  • Cindy Rynning at Grape Experiences suggests When in Paris, Enjoy Classic Bistro Cuisine and Wine

As I mentioned we are going to friend's for dinner tomorrow.  I am bringing a couple of appetizers to start off the celebration.  We have nothing on the calendar for the rest of the week. Hopefully this Spring weather we have been enjoying in Michigan will continue and we can get our yard and deck ready for the seasons.

Weekly Menu

Saturday-Dinner at Steve and Sharon's
I'm bringing Escargot, Chapati and Oyters in Herb Butter

Sunday Supper
Pork with Apples and Raisins
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans

Meatless Monday
Zucchini Lasagna

Taco Tuesday Brinner
Torijas
Fruit Salad

Wednesday
Roast Chicken
Roasted Root Vegetables

Thursday
Chicken Noodle Soup (using leftovers from Wednesday)

Fish Friday
Pineapple Shrimp Bowl



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.