Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Wild Mushroom Flatbread #BreadBakers

This Flatbread is covered with an assortment of Mushrooms, Red Onions, and Fresh Mozzarella Cheese before being baked and drizzled with a Pesto Olive Oil. A topping of fresh baby Arugula is the final touch to this delicous treat.

Wild Mushroom Flatbread

The Bread Bakers are celebrating Mushrooms today.......
Sue of Palatable Pastime is hosting today and invited us to share any bread that includes mushrooms either in the dough itself or on the dough in the form of Naan's, Pizzas, Flatbreads, etc.

I decided to make a Flatbread.  I did not, however, make my own dough this time using a refrigerated  artisan flatbread dough that I found in the dairy case of my local store.  

Wild Mushroom Flatbread

I like to keep these on hand in my refrigerator because they can be topped with anything that I have in the house and be cooked up quickly as a snack or appetizer when unexpected company pops in.  This happens a lot around my house and I'm not complaining.  

Wild Mushroom Flatbread

It has been my goal to have  home where everyone feels welcomed and comfortable so when people drop in I feel blessed.

Flatbread and Wine

And if I haven't gotten around to dusting or vacuuming that day, I find that when you put food and wine in front of a person as you sit and visit....they don't even notice the dog hair clumped in the corner.

Let's see how the others use mushrooms in their recipes.........

Appetizers, Flatbread, Pizza, Mushrooms, Onions, Arugula, Pesto
Appetizers, Pizza
American
Yield: 8 appetizer servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Wild Mushroom Flatbread

Wild Mushroom Flatbread

This Flatbread is covered with an assortment of Mushrooms, Red Onions, and Fresh Mozzarella Cheese before being baked and drizzled with a Pesto Olive Oil. A topping of fresh baby Arugula is the final touch to this delicous treat.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 30 Min

Ingredients

  • 1/4 c. prepared pesto
  • 2 1/2 T. olive oil, divided
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 16 oz. assorted mushrooms, of choice, sliced
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 large flatbread
  • 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • handful of baby arugula

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the pesto with 1 1/2 T. of olive oil. Add water, if needed, until the pesto is liquid enough to be drizzled onto the flatbread. Set aside.
  2. Heat the remaining 1 T. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the onions are soft and the mushrooms are golden brown.
  3. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions and mushrooms to a paper towel lined and pat with another paper towel to dry.
  4. Sprinkle the onions and mushrooms over the flatbread. Slice or tear the mozzarella and place on top.
  5. Bake in a preheated 400* oven for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
  6. Remove from oven and drizzle with the pesto oil. Sprinkle the arugula on top and serve.

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful with that peppery arugula on top! And I love red onions on a flat bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great plan. Distract your company with delicious flatbread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care if people's houses are tidy. I do care if they are friendly and welcoming. You have the right idea, Wendy! And your wild mushroom flatbread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.