This salad makes a great side dish for outdoor gatherings and can also be a stand alone main course salad for those who choose to go meatless.
The Sunday Funday Bloggers are sharing Quinoa recipes today......
Renu of Cook with Renu is hosting this week and asked us all to join her in sharing recipes starring Quinoa. Let's take a look at what everyone cooked up......
- Quinoa Chia Multiseed Bread from Cook with Renu
- Rustic Multigrain Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegetable Quinoa Upma from Sneha’s Recipe
- Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Copycat Trader Joe’s Lemon Chicken and Arugula Salad fromPalatable Pastime
- Quinoa Tangerine Salad from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Rainbow Quinoa Grain Bowl from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Quinoa is such a nutritional powerhouse that I try to serve it up quite often. Quinoa and Brown Rice is a very common side dish in this household but I have also serve it up in bowls like this wonderful Lemongrass Meatball Quinoa Bowl, or as a base for this Snail Pilaf, and it was delicious in this Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew.
I served this up as a side dish to grilled burgers one night and then had leftovers as a main course salad for lunch the following day. Chock full of spinach, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese and chickpeas it is a complete, nutritious and delicous meal in itself.