Monday, January 18, 2021

Air Fryer Taquitos #MultiCookerMonday

The Teen is a huge Taquito fan and I usually keep a box of store bought in the freezer for her to heat up for herself and friends.  One day the box in the freezer was empty and I had just completed the Costco run where I normally purchase them.  So onto Google I went and found this easy, quick air fryer recipe.  The Teen said they are even better than the store bought version.

Air Fryer Taquitos

Join us for Multi-Cooker Monday..................
Sue of Palatable Pastime invites us to join her on the 3rd Monday of each month in sharing recipes that use our small kitchen appliances.  

Here is what is being shared today..........
Even though I am retired and home most of the time, especially since this COVID pandemic, I still use my small kitchen appliances all the time.  I love my slow cooker when making braises as I don't have to keep an eye on it.  I can put it in there and forget about it.  I love my instant pot for those days when I forgot to take anything out of the freezer or forgot a braise into the slow cooker in the morning but still want to make an inexpensived cut of meat, mouth wateringly tender.

And I love the air fryer on my Breyville oven for the crispy deliciousness it offers without the mess and health concerns of deep frying.  

ground beef

One of the things I like about making my own versions of foods that are often bought prepackaged is that I know exactly what is going into it.  I know that my beef is from my friend Vicki's farm, where they are pasture raised and treated humanely with no unnecessary antibiotics.   I also like that they were not deep fried before being frozen, even though when we reheat the packaged version, we do so in the air fryer.

Taquitos

Once the filling is made it is just a matter of filling, rolling and placing onto the air fryer rack. I lined mine with parchment, and then sprayed the taquitos with cooking spray, before putting them into the air fryer. 

Air Fryer Taquitos pin

They take less than 10 minutes in the air fryer to cook and get crisp.  I served them up with some of my Zesty Peach Salsa and sour cream.  Delicious!!!


Entrees, Air Fryer, Beef,
Entrees, Beef
Mexican Fusion
Yield: 3 main course servings (9 taquitos)
Author: Wendy Klik
Air Fryer Taquitos

Air Fryer Taquitos

Corn tortillas filled with spiced ground beef, rolled up and baked in an air fryer until crispy golden brown.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 20 Min

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
  • 3 T. taco seasoning mix
  • 1 lb. ground meat, I used beef
  • 9 corn tortillas
  • Cooking spray

Instructions

  1. Combine the eggs, taco seasoning, panko and ground meat.  Divide between the 9 corn tortillas that have been heated in a microwave for 30 seconds to soften.  Roll up and place seam side down on the tray of an air fryer that has been covered with parchment.  Spray with the cooking spray and place into the air fryer that has been preheated to 375* for 7-10 minutes, until meat is cooked through and tortilla is crisped and browned.

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe found at Taste of Home

Calories

797.76

Fat (grams)

38.09

Sat. Fat (grams)

13.69

Carbs (grams)

50.32

Fiber (grams)

6.48

Net carbs

43.83

Sugar (grams)

2.80

Protein (grams)

59.39

Sodium (milligrams)

982.85

Cholesterol (grams)

283.22

13 comments:

  1. How cool that the teen likes these better than frozen ones! I'm going to have to try my baked taquitos in the air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would have loved these as a teen. She liked frozen burritos heated in the nukebox (microwave). There were no air fryers in those days. I wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes when my elder kids were younger it was the microwave for everyone.

      Delete
  3. I'm curious if I would actually like these. I'll have to give them a try...I usually stick to quesadillas...I love the gooey cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just tacos without any lettuce, tomatoes or cheese.

      Delete
  4. I need to try taquitos in air fryer. This looks simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure these are much better than frozen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These taquitos are so crisp and addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound absolutely DELICIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.