Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year....Here's hoping that 2021 is "Simply Irresistable"

Let's start the New Year off right.  While we still can't be gathering with a large group of friends to celebrate, it still marks the end of a year that was tough on every single person in this world.

So since we can't gather as a group, why not pull your loved one's close, curl up on the couch with some hot chocolate and watch a quirky, silly, feel good movie.

Simply Irrisistible

I invite you to join me and the rest of the Food n' Flix group as we watch Simply Irresistable during the month of January.  

Food n Flix logo
Food n' Flix is a fun club in which we take turns hosting.  We choose a movie for us all to watch, we watch it at our leisure and then we create a recipe inspired by the film and share it on our blogs or instagram.  Anyone can join in the fun and I hope you do.  Here is how.......


  • Watch the chosen film for the month. Buy it, rent it, borrow it - matters not. Just set aside a couple of hours a month to sit back, relax, and be inspired! If you've seen it before, try watching it again with your "foodie" glasses on. 
  • Take note of food references. Physically or mentally. It could be food the characters are eating or cooking, food in the background, or food in the dialogue. But it could also just be something that brings food to your mind: a location, a sign, a play on words. There are no boundaries to inspiration. 
  • Make a recipe inspired by the movie and write a blog post about it. Be sure to include a recipe or tutorial and at least one photograph. Talk a little bit about the movie - why you enjoyed or disliked it (and note, it's okay to dislike the chosen movie and still participate). Talk about the food inspiration you found. The discussion is half of the fun - getting so many different opinions and thoughts on the same film. 
  • Send an email to wendyklik1517@gmail.com (cc:Heather@foodnflix.com) with a link to your post and permission to use photos and content.
  • Include a link back to the Host's Announcement post and the Food 'n Flix website somewhere in your post. Use of logo is optional. 
  • Not sure how to link back? Feel free to use this phrase in your post: Want to participate in Food 'n Flix? Check out this month's announcement post at A Day in the Life on the Farm and drop by the Food 'n Flix site to learn more!
I promise you will have absolutely no problem finding food inspiration in this magical movie.  In the opening scene you will see at least 5 choices.  

I hadn't seen this movie and decided on a fluke to watch it.  I knew right away I wanted to host FnF one month and showcase this film.  Although, they had watched the film once before, it was many many years ago, so Heather allowed me to run with it again.  Thanks Heather.

This film is from 1999 and stars Sarah Michelle Geller as Amanda, a woman trying to keep her deceased mother's restaurant alive.  Sean Patrick Flanery stars as Tom Bartlett who is opening a high end restaurant in a department store.  They meet accidentally at a Farmer's Market and, of course, are immediately attracted to one another.

This is a silly rom com.  Nonsensical and fun.   A perfect way to start of 2021.  I hope you join me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I participated this month but I don't see where to send the post to. My link is here: https://literatureandlimes.home.blog/2021/01/14/food-n-flix-simply-irresistible-spicy-crab-napoleon/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I forgot to add my email. Thanks for the heads up. I will add you to the round up. Glad you joined me.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.