Let's start the New Year off right. While we still can't be gathering with a large group of friends to celebrate, it still marks the end of a year that was tough on every single person in this world.
So since we can't gather as a group, why not pull your loved one's close, curl up on the couch with some hot chocolate and watch a quirky, silly, feel good movie.
I invite you to join me and the rest of the Food n' Flix group as we watch Simply Irresistable during the month of January.
- Watch the chosen film for the month. Buy it, rent it, borrow it - matters not. Just set aside a couple of hours a month to sit back, relax, and be inspired! If you've seen it before, try watching it again with your "foodie" glasses on.
- Take note of food references. Physically or mentally. It could be food the characters are eating or cooking, food in the background, or food in the dialogue. But it could also just be something that brings food to your mind: a location, a sign, a play on words. There are no boundaries to inspiration.
- Make a recipe inspired by the movie and write a blog post about it. Be sure to include a recipe or tutorial and at least one photograph. Talk a little bit about the movie - why you enjoyed or disliked it (and note, it's okay to dislike the chosen movie and still participate). Talk about the food inspiration you found. The discussion is half of the fun - getting so many different opinions and thoughts on the same film.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc:Heather@foodnflix.com) with a link to your post and permission to use photos and content.
- Include a link back to the Host's Announcement post and the Food 'n Flix website somewhere in your post. Use of logo is optional.
- Not sure how to link back? Feel free to use this phrase in your post: Want to participate in Food 'n Flix? Check out this month's announcement post at A Day in the Life on the Farm and drop by the Food 'n Flix site to learn more!