Thursday, March 14, 2019

Spaghetti Pie #PiDay

This delicious Spaghetti Pie is like eating a meatless lasagna.  It is perfect for Meatless Monday.  Fridays in Lent and, of course, for Pi(e) Day.


Today is 3.14  Welcome to Pi Day............
Colleen of The Redhead Baker invited the members of the Festive Foodies to join her in celebrating PI day.  Every year we get together and bake pies in honor of 3.14 and this year Colleen grabbed the reins and rounded us up.

Here are the Pi(e)s being shared today.......

More Pie Day Recipes

I decided to go savory today.  I go savory more often than not when I celebrate 3.14.  I did have one sweet recipe when I shared this Chocolate Mousse Pie.  I have also shared a Tomato Cheddar Pie and a Smoked Salmon and Herb Quiche.  Truth be told, I like going savory because it can be dinner.  I only serve dessert when entertaining guests.


This spaghetti pie is perfect for using up leftovers too, as it takes only a little bit of everything.  If making it from scratch you only need to cook up 6 oz. of pasta.


There are three different kinds of cheese but small amounts of each and one cup of sauce.  The sauce can contain meat if you want.  I made mine with my home canned marinara but you can use leftover sauce or your favorite brand of store bought sauce.  


When it is all baked up, let it stand for a few minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.  This is a perfect Meatless Monday or Lenten meal.


Do you celebrate Pi(e) Day?  Do you prefer sweet or savory?  


#pasta, #pie, #meatless, #MeatlessMonday, #quick, #easy, #onedishmeals
Entrees, Meatless, Pasta
American
Yield: 4-6 servingsPin it

Spaghetti Pie

prep time: 15 minscook time: 30 minstotal time: 45 mins
This delicious Spaghetti Pie is like eating a meatless lasagna. It is perfect for Meatless Monday. Fridays in Lent and, of course, for Pi(e) Day.

ingredients:

  • 6 oz. dry spaghetti, cooked per package directions
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 c. parmesan cheese
  • 1 c. ricotta cheese
  • 1 c. marinara sauce
  • 1/2 c.  shredded mozzarella cheese

instructions:

  1. Toss the spaghetti with the olive oil, eggs and Parmesan cheese. Pour into a pie plate that has been treated with cooking spray. Spread along bottom to create a crust.
  2. Spread the ricotta over the spaghetti, top with the sauce and sprinkle with the Mozzarella.
  3. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for half an hour. Let set 10 minutes before cutting and serving.

NOTES:

Adapted from recipe found on Sargento website.
Created using The Recipes Generator





8 comments:

  1. This is one of those things I've heard of but never tried - looks like an easy meatless version of lasagna, as you say - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo cool and sounds totally delicious!!! What a fabulous dinner for kids!!! I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids LOVE spaghetti, so I know that they'd gobble this up! It's similar to a baked spaghetti I make, but I really love it in pie form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard of this but never tried it. I'm gonna change that!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.