Step in for more wonderful Springtime Sides being shared from Our Dinner Table.......
As you read this we are up in Northern Michigan where there is still tons of snow. Depending on the weather today you will find us hiking, sledding or perhaps both. But I can dream of Spring weather and all the wonderful fresh produce that comes with it.
Springtime Side Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Almondine by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Asparagus Leek & Potato Chowder by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cilantro Lime Rice with Snow Peas by Art of Natural Living
- Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Dill by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Honey Roasted Carrots with Lemon and Herbs by Palatable Pastime
- Kicked Up Coleslaw by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus by Sweet Beginnings
- Sautéed Sesame-Soy Fiddlehead Ferns and Asparagus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spring Pasta Salad by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Young Asparagus with Lemon Dipping sauce by Our Good Life
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
I don't know about you but I cannot wait for Spring weather. We get a taste of it now and then but Friday it was hailing snow out there. Sigh......
But Friday evening we had a touch of Spring at the dinner table when I hosted a dinner party for 10 of our friends. We started the evening with a Spring Vegetable Soup, followed by a Sicilian Citrus Salad. The main course was Oven Roasted Salmon and this bright, delicious asparagus almondine.
I will be sharing all of the recipes from this dinner in upcoming posts. This Asparagus Almondine will make the perfect side for your Easter Feast or Mother's Day gathering. In my opinion, there is nothing better than fresh asparagus and we eat it numerous times a week while it is in season.
Here are some of my other favorite Asparagus dishes to serve up at Our Family Table.....
All of these recipes are easy peasy and delicious but none so much as the Asparagus Almondine I am sharing today. What is your favorite Spring Produce?
#Springflavors, #asparagus, #almonds, #vegetablesides, #vegetables, #almonds,
Vegetables, Side Dishes
Yield: 10 ServingsPin it
prep time: 10 minscook time: 5 minstotal time: 15 mins
Tender stalks of Asparagus, tossed in garlic oil and sprinkled with toasted almond slices. A perfect Springtime Side Dish.
- 2 bunches Asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. toasted almond slices
- 1/4 of a lemon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fill a skillet with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Fill a 9x13" baking pan with ice water.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes, until bright green. Using a spider or tongs, remove the asparagus from the boiling water and immediately put it into the ice water.
- Empty the skillet and return it to the stove. Remove the asparagus from the ice water to a paper towel lined plate or platter.
- Add the oil and garlic to the skillet and cook over low heat until fragrant but not browned. Return the asparagus to the skillet. Toss and coat with the oil until warmed through, about a minute. Remove to serving platter, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
Adapted from a recipe found in Cuisine at Home, Issue #98
Sat. Fat (grams)
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator