Saturday, March 9, 2019

Holy Cow..it's time for the Weekly Menu already.

Life has suddenly gotten very busy for me.  And for some reason my family still wants to eat each and every day!!!

Image result for too busy to eat
image from Google images.

So I'm making a quick blog stop to post my Weekly Menu. C'mon in and sit for a moment before I have to run out the door again!

I knew when I took on the responsibility of co chairing the Fish Fry each Friday during Lent that it was a big undertaking.  I just didn't realize how big.

We feed between 300-400 people each Friday.  That means that you start working on it Wednesday when your food gets delivered.  Wednesday isn't too bad, just a couple of hours.

Thursday is prep day.  Luckily and thankfully we have lots of volunteers because there is lots to do.  Many hands make light(er) work but it was still a long day.  It isn't however the longest day....Fridays are 12-14 hr. days for a few of us.  

This morning I will be back to help finish with the cleanup and to check supplies so we can get the food order in and start all over again on Wednesday.  We sing at 4 pm Mass this afternoon.  I'm inviting Kirsten and John over for dinner afterwards.

Tomorrow is a free day.  Marissa has youth group until 1 pm and then we will be going shopping for running shoes.  Track practice starts Monday.  Let the craziness commence.

So, without further ado, here is the weekly menu.  The Kreatopita from last Thursday was replaced by Meatloaf. So that dish is moved to today.

Saturday
Greek Village Salad
Kreotopita
Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Sunday
Spaghetti Pie
Mozzarella Stuffed Bread Sticks

Monday
Pork Ramen Soup

Taco Tuesday
Tuna Tacos

Wednesday
Albondigas Soup

Thursday
Chicken Stir Fry
Steamed Rice

Friday
Fish Fry at Church









1 comment:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.