Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Cheetoh Cheese Balls #NationalCheeseDoodleDay

Sometimes you just crave something ooey and gooey and good.  You aren't worried about nutrition or health.  You realize everything is good in moderation.  That is where these delicious and easy cheese balls coated in Cheese Doodles (known as Cheetohs in Michigan) come in.


Fresh mozzarella cheese, wrapped in dough, coated in crushed Cheetohs, fried to a golden brown and rolled in more crushed Cheetohs.

That is how we celebrate National Cheese Doodle Day here on the farm!!


The teen is a cheetohs addict.  She also loves fried mozzarella sticks and often orders just those and a salad when we eat out.  So, when Erin of The Spiffy Cookie invited the members of Festive Foodies to celebrate National Cheese Doodle Day, I knew exactly what I was making.

Before I share that though let's see what the others cooked up.....


Check out these creatively cheesy recipes 


I'm especially looking forward to checking out the Macaron from Christie over at A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures.


I started out wrapping mozzarella cheese into refrigerated biscuit dough.


Once they were all wrapped I gave them a shake in a bag of Cheetoh Crumbs.


Fried them up to a golden brown.


While still warm, gave them a roll in more Cheetoh crumbs.


Called out to the teen and two of her friends who were over and watched them disappear in seconds.


#cheese, #appetizers, #snacks,
Appetizers, Snacks
American
Yield: 10 ballsPin it

Cheetohs Cheese Balls

prep time: 10 minscook time: 10 minstotal time: 20 mins
Fresh mozzarella cheese, wrapped in dough, coated in crushed Cheetohs, fried to a golden brown and rolled in more crushed Cheetohs.

ingredients:

  • 1 pkg. small refrigerated biscuit dough, 10 ct.
  • 3-4 oz. fresh mozzarella cut into pieces, or use bocconcini
  • 1 c. cheese puffs or cheese doodles
  • Oil for deep frying

instructions:

  1. Remove the dough from the canister and flatten each biscuit.  Place a mozzrella cube or ball into the center of each biscuit and wrap the dough around it.
  2. Place the cheese puffs into a bag that seals and crush with a rolling pin.  Shake the dough balls in the crumbs and set aside.  Pour the remaining crumbs into a shallow bowl.
  3. Heat 3" of cooking oil to 350*.  Fry the balls, in batches, in the hot oil, turning often, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.  Remove from fryer, roll in the cheese puff crumbs and serve while still warm.
Created using The Recipes Generator







10 comments:

  1. Cheese on cheese I love it! Any teen would go nuts for these. Thanks so much for joining me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything dusted in Cheetos is delicious to me. And love the double cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am drooling over my keyboard here. Cheesy, ooey goodness. Sign me up! I loved seeing how creative folks were for this event. Thanks for sharing, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I must confess I didn't try any....not on my current eating plan, but Frank and Marissa and her friend loved them.

      Delete
  5. I love this idea -- so much cheesy goodness! Plus, fried, so YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.