Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes for #Blogger CLUES

It is time again for Blogger CLUES Society.  This is a secret Society where we are assigned a blogger and a theme.  We spend a month spying on said blogger, learning about them and looking for a recipe that fits into the theme we have been given.  This month's theme was Potatoes and I was assigned to Anna of Anna Dishes.


This was a great assignment for me because Anna also likes to use organic ingredients that are local and raised ethically, kindly and sustainably.  This is very important to me.  So important that I raise much of my own meat.  All of my eggs.  I belong to an organic CSA. And ther remainder of my meat products are provided by local farmers whose belief system matches my own.

I perused Anna's blog and found a lot of recipes that caught my eye and looked delicious but did not necessarily meet out theme of potatoes.  I found a really scrumptious recipe for Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad (does that make your mouth water too?) but I am the only blue cheese lover in this household.  I found a great flatbread with White Sweet Potato and Fennel, which I love and I am, for sure, going to make this one day.

Then, as I was nosing around at Anna's fish recipes I found a side dish featured with her Salmon in White Wine Sauce......Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes....whoooooop! I found my recipe!!




I served them with unstuffed porkchops and glazed carrots.  They were delicious!!  They were easy peasy!!  They are going to be made quite often around here.  Thanks Anna and I am going to try the Salmon too.





Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
from Anna Dishes

Fingerling Potatoes
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Place a thin layer of olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold your potatoes without crowding them.  Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper.  Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar and toss to coat.  Roast until tender, tossing the potatoes every 10 minutes.

*note:  The dish I was serving to go with these potatoes required a 400* oven and the potatoes took 20 minutes to cook to the desired tenderness.  Roasting time will vary depending on the temperature and size of potatoes.

Take a look at what other potato recipes were cooked up this month:

30 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love balsamic vinegar so I know I will love these beautiful little roasties! These are going on the make-soon list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious and of course you can use any potato. I am going to try it with sweet potatoes.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at balsamic! Great choice for our March theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO simple, yet packed with flavor! These will be on my potato loving family's menu soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Liz, right? I don't know why I never thought to add it to my potatoes before now. Pure genius on Anna's part.

      Delete
  5. I know this sounds odd - but I have never made roasted (or even tasted) potatoes however, these look so delicious, I must do it right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite ways to make and eat potatoes Kelli. Let me know how you like them

      Delete
    2. I finally got to try them - and they were great! We all really enjoyed them. Great recipe! - Kelli from Yum Goggle and Kelli's Kitchen

      Delete
    3. I am so glad that you enjoyed them. Perfect recipe, easy and delicious.

      Delete
  6. I toyed with the idea of making the fingerling potatoes for today...I have this feeling that they will end up on the menu this weekend! They do sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the balsamic infusion in these roast potatoes is delicious. They look so easy to make but are fit for company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh, YUM! I pretty much love anything Balsamic, and these look like the perfect side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Balsamic vinegar is one of my favorites. I've done a lot of roasted veggies with herbs and olive oil and balsamic vinegar but I've not just done potatoes. Now, I certainly will. Yummy and easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my do these sound delicious! I love balsamic vinegar, and use it quite often on roasted veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love a good fingerling potato! The balsamic vinegar is such a perfect addition. Nice selection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now these are a perfect potato side dish! Great choice for the reveal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm the only one in my family that likes Blue Cheese also, which is a bummer when I find recipes like the salad you found. You did end up with a gem though. I love caramelized balsamic vinegar. On potatoes? Yeah baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'd call this simple perfection. Potatoes, balsamic... I'm in total love!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.