Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Winter of the World...Review

Image result for winter of the world

Last night I finished Winter of the World by Ken Follet.  It is the second in a trilogy, the first being Fall of the Giants.  You can read my review of that book here.  Fall of the Giants ended as World War I ended and left you with several families from different parts of the world picking up the pieces of their lives. 

Winter of the World begins just as we are on the brink of the 2nd World War.  The same families are followed but now it is their children who are fighting the battles, both in war and in their personal lives.  I enjoyed this book even more than the first.  These characters seemed a little bit more well rounded and it showed how much gray there is in the world and that we don't always make the right decisions but sometimes we make the decisions that are right for us at the moment.

I am looking forward to the third book and have already purchased it but first I am reading "The Feast Nearby" by Robin Mather for our Cook the Books Club.

Image result for the feast nearby

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books. What genre do they fit into. I'll have to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical Fiction Paula. I really enjoy his work.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to look into these books! I have seen them mentioned on quite a few blogs

      Delete
    3. The first book of his that I read was Eye of the Needle, that must be 40 years ago now and I was hooked.

      Delete
    4. I'll look for Eye of the Needle....

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.