Saturday, January 17, 2015

Book Review.....Fall of the Giants

I finished Fall of the Giants by Ken Follett a couple of days ago.  I think I have mentioned before that I am a big fan of Ken Follett and have been since I read his first novel, Eye of the Needle, back in the late 1970's.


This latest book that I read is the first in a trilogy.  In typical Ken Follett fashion, it covers the lives of several people (or in this case, families) from different walks of life.  Each character brings to life his/her feelings and thoughts that have been dictated by life circumstances.  You have characters from all economic backgrounds, from loving homes and dysfunctional homes and with different values, opinions, ideas and political beliefs.  In this novel you have characters from several different countries.  The novel takes place during World War I and is seen and lived by these characters as it affected them, their families and friends and their countrymen.  I am very anxious to read the next book in the trilogy as Fall of the Giants ended with the introduction of a man called Adolph Hitler who had just been arrested......

I would highly reccomend this book especially if you are a fan of historical fiction.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever read any books by this author. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoy historical fiction, he is one of my favorites. Start off with Eye of the Needle. It is not as long as his more recent novels and will give you a taste of him.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.