Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Irish Cream Cheesecake for #FifteenCheesecakes


My friend, Camilla, of Culinary Adventures with Camilla is celebrating her 15th Wedding Anniversary and has invited all of us to join in the party.  Camilla served Cheesecakes at their wedding and thought it would be appropriate to have all of her food blogger friends make a cheesecake of their choice in acknowledgement of her their big day.  Cam originally asked for 15 friends who would be willing to help her out but within a very short time she had that many volunteers and several more that wanted in on the action.  Cam graciously opened it up to any that wanted to participate.  At last count there were 26 of us.....that is a lot of great cheesecake recipes for you to enjoy.  You will find links to all of them at the bottom of this post.

I was having a dinner party in celebration of St. Patrick's Day last Tuesday and, knowing this event was right around the corner, decided to serve cheesecake as one of the desserts.  I had originally planned on doing a Creme de Menthe cheesecake in keeping with the green theme but then I was thumbing through the March/April 2014 Issue of Cuisine at Home and came across this recipe for Irish Cream Cheesecake.  


Happy Anniversary Camilla!!



Irish Cream Cheesecake
as found in Cuisine at Home, Issue #104

1 1/2 c. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
3 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. Irish Cream Liqueur
1/2 c. heavy cream
3 eggs, room temperature

Preheat oven to 375*.  Toast the oats in the oven on a baking sheet until they smell nutty, about 10 minutes.  Place the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended and mixture clumps.  Press the oats mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan.  Bake crust until firm, 10-12 minutes.  Reduce oven temp to 325*, Let crust cool to room temperature, then wrap the base of the pan in aluminum foil and place into a roasting pan.

Beat the cream cheese with both sugars on medium speed until smooth.  Beat in liqueur and cream. Before adding eggs, beat slightly with a fork, then add to the batter, one egg at a time and mix to incorporate before adding the next.  Pour filling into crust.  Pour boiling water into the roasting pan, 1" up the side of the springform pan. Bake for 1 hr. until edges are set and center still jiggles.  Turn off oven and leave the cheesecake for 1 hour more without opening the oven door.  Let cheesecake cool to room temperature before covering with plastic wrap and chilling for 3-24 hrs before serving.

This is the group helping Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla celebrate her 15th wedding anniversary with waaaayy more than #fifteencheesecakes.

And here is what we all brought to the cheesecake table, listed in alphabetical order. Enjoy!

Berry Cheesecake Bars by Baking and Creating with Avril
Cherry Cheesecake Bites by Cookaholic Wife
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake by Dancing Veggies
Chocolate Cheesecake by My Hobbie Lobbie
Chocolate Topped Peppermint Cheesecake by Amy's Cooking Adventures
Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars by Tara's Multicultural Table
Easter Basket Mini Cheesecakes by Little Bit of Everything
Everyday Cheesecake by Things I Make (for Dinner)
Irish Cream Cheesecake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Layered Cinnamon Streusel Cheesecake Cake by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
Lowfat Blackberry Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Matcha-YuzuCheesecake with a Meyer Lemon GelĂ©e by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Mini Churro Caramel Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Mini Maple Pecan Cheesecakes by Join Us, Pull up a Chair
Mom's New York Cheesecake by Taste Cook Sip
Mudslide Cheesecake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
{No Bake} Marshmallow Cheesecake by An Affair from the Heart
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake by Angels Homestead
Samoa's cheesecake by Goodie Godmother
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars by The Savvy Kitchen
Sopapilla Puff Pastry Cheesecake by Pink Cake Plate
Skinny Vanilla Bean Cheesecake by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
Twix Cheesecake Brownie Torte by Making Memories With Your Kids

30 comments:

  1. I love Irish cream cheesecake and have a recipe we use that is very similar, but it has a tick layer of chocolate over the top ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some magic in that cheesecake - Irish cream?!? Yum. Thanks for playing along, Wendy. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty! Your cheesecake looks absolutely beautiful and perfect. I love the Irish cream - this is my kind of cake ;D

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing Wendy!! I love me a boozy dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing Wendy!! I love me a boozy dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I love how you used rolled oats in the crust. I'm imagining delicious! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. irish cream sounds like it would be great in cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the oat crust! What a lovely cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee. I loved the oat crust too but my hubby prefers a cookie or graham cracker crust.

      Delete
  9. Your cheesecake came out perfectly and looks delicious. What with the Irish cream, I bet it would be amazing with a little chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely April. Ashley said she makes one very similar but it is covered in chocolate...That sounds heavenly.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful cake and gorgeous cake stand!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril, I found the cake stand on Zuilly and it was very reasonable.

      Delete
  11. Oh this sounds wonderful. I love to sip on some Bailey's Irish Cream...and I could make a cheesecake at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!!! Irish Cream in a cheesecake. These are two of my favorites. I can only imagine how divine this must have tasted. Pinning this for future reference :) Now to get myself a bottle of Irish Cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy!! You got the cake stand I've been eyeballing on Amazon and debating on whether or not to get - it's gorgeous!! :) Your cheesecake is beautiful, love the Irish cream addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cake stand as well Rebekah. I think I got mine on Zuilly.

      Delete
  14. I love all things Irish Cream. Beautiful choice for Fifteen Cheesecakes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, this looks delicious! I will definitely have to try it next St Patrick's Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that the crust uses oats!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.