Monday, March 16, 2015

A Rendezvous with Tea....and further preparations for St. Pat's Day

I had a great Monday.  I spent the morning with my Little Miss and then she and I met her Mom and Aunt Amy for lunch down in the city.  When we parted ways, I was very excited because I was on my way to see one of my blogger friends, Stacy of Food, Lust, People, Love.  A couple of days ago, Stacy mentioned that she was on her way to Detroit.  Stacy lives in Dubai and was coming to the Detroit area to see a long time friend.  I made contact and asked where in Michigan she was going to be and it turns out she was only a half hour ride away.  SCORE!!  Stacy said that she would be hanging out at her friends tea shop, aptly named The Rendezvous With Tea.


Stacy and I rendezvoused over tea and learned a little more about each other.  I also had the opportunity to meet Stacy's friend and the proprieter of this lovely tea shoppe, Naszreen.  I don't think this will be the last time that I visit this wonderful store.

While I was there, I decided to browse around and I found some wonderful ideas for my dinner party tomorrow night.  As many of you know, I like to mark place settings when I have a dinner party and I prefer to do so with little trinkets that they are able to take home with them at the end of the night as I did with these cute little pumpkins, champagne glasses and chocolate candy eggs.

Today, at Rendezvous with Tea, I found some wonderful tea bag holders that I thought would be perfect for placemarkers.  I asked if there was any Irish tea in the many canisters throughout the shop and, of course, there was. Naszreen offered me a whiff of "When Irish Eyes are Smiling", a beautifully fragrant tea of Pekoe, Gunpowder, Bergamot, Candy and Cornflowers.  I explained what I wished to do and was given a package that would be sufficient to gift to my guests with leftovers for me.


Not only did the tea smell wonderful but it also included these cute little shamrocks, perfect for a St. Pat's Day Dinner.  As soon as I got home, I excitedly told Frank about my day and meeting with Stacy.  Then I went to work packaging up the tea and Frank got to work adding guests names to the tea bag holders.  I love how it all came together.



I put together a bag of tea for each place setting, tied it up with a green sparkly ribbon and attached a business card that contains brewing instructions for different types of teas on the back.


We used gold paint sharpie to add names to the tea bag holders because, after all, you have to have gold at the end of the rainbow.  I am very please with how they turned out.  I think it will make a very nice presentation on the dinner table.

Thank you Stacy and Naszreen for a wonderful visit and cup of tea this afternoon.  It was perfect.





5 comments:

  1. So clever. I look forward to the day I will be a guest at one of your dinner parties!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool they had an Irish tea! I have the same place holder! Happy St-Paddy's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to meet you, Wendy, and I am grateful that you took the time out of your busy day to come all that way.

    Your little bags turned out perfectly and I love the gold names on the little teapot teabag rests! Your guests are extremely blessed to be invited for such a great dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy, It was wonderful getting together. Please let me know the next time you are in town. Chances are that will happen for you before I ever get to Dubai LOL.....unless....Maybe a scuba trip???

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.