Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Fig Salad #FallFlavors

 I love fresh figs.  Maybe they are special to me because they are only available for a few weeks each year, and I live in Michigan, where we don't grow figs.  True, I enjoy fig jam, fig newtons, and dried figs year-round, but I'm always excited when I find fresh ones at the market and eagerly pay a small fortune to bring home a case.

Fresh Fig Salad

Today is the second day of Fall Flavors Week........

Jolene of Jolene's Recipe Journal hosts this annual event that I look forward to each year.  I strive to eat seasonally, and I love when the weather starts to cool and my body starts craving warm comfort foods.

Let's see what recipes are being shared today.......
Fig Salad Pin

Fresh Figs are still available.  Make sure you grab some to celebrate the season with this wonderful salad.




Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Fig Salad

Fig Salad

Sharp, spicy arugula; sweet, tender figs; creamy, tangy feta cheese; and honey-roasted almonds drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.

Prep time: 5 MinTotal time: 5 Min

Ingredients

  • 4 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
  • 6-8 fresh figs, quartered
  • 1/2 c. honey-roasted sliced almonds
  • 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
  • 3 T. olive oil
  • 2 T. balsamic vinegar
  • 1 t. honey
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions

  1. Place the arugula on a large platter.
  2. Arrange the figs on top of the arugula, scatter the almonds over the top, and sprinkle with the cheese.
  3. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and serve.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

291

Fat (grams)

21 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

4 g

Carbs (grams)

24 g

Fiber (grams)

4 g

Net carbs

19 g

Sugar (grams)

18 g

Protein (grams)

6 g

Sodium (milligrams)

271 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

17 mg

21 comments:

  1. Above from Cathy Almeter

    ReplyDelete
  2. My idea of the perfect salad. Add a little bit of roasted chicken, and dinner is served!!! I can never get enough fresh fig recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh figs and this salad looks perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love figs and this is a great way to add even more to my life! Just wish we could grow them in Wisconsin (I do have a couple in pots now--maybe fruit next year???)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to find fresh figs when they are rare. Kind of like rhubarb here! We are fortunate that everyone has a fig tree here and I get to enjoy theirs. Love the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh figs with arugula, blue cheese, and honey-roasted almonds sounds like such a perfect combination of sweet, salty, and tangy flavors. I especially like how quick this salad is to put together, making it a great way to enjoy fresh figs while they are in season. The Fall Flavors roundup also has so many tempting recipes to try. OnlySpins could be a fun little option for some downtime after cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful fall salad, Wendy. I also love figs and will pay a small fortune for a few lol. I had a small small producing tree for a few years, but the extreme weather here and my-not-so-green thumb killed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether we can grow figs here, but I've not ever seen any fig trees in Michigan.

      Delete
  8. I'm embarrassed to say I've never had a fig other than in Newton form LOL This looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen figs in my grocery store yet, but when I do, I want to make this salad! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love figs! This salad sounds a wonderful idea and I see that it is easy to make. Next time, I buy figs, this is what I will make with it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.