Wednesday, February 28, 2024

E is for Eggs

This quick Asian Stir-Fry is perfect for a Meatless Lenten Meal.  It is delicious, nutritious, and ready in a flash.

Tomatoes and Eggs

E is for Eggs.  It is also for Easy.  We are working our way through the Alphabet this year and this week we are sharing recipes and/or foods that start with the letter E.  This recipe is both......
Let's take a look at some more Elegant, Easy, Entertaining, Enjoyable Eats........

Tomato and Eggs pin

I had never heard of this dish and I have an Asian daughter.  I learned about it when Raechel moved into our home last month.  Rae asked if I ever cooked Asian Food and I replied that Asian was a staple around here. She then asked if I ever made Tomato and Eggs.   I had never even heard of it.  Rae had seen it on a tiktok video and thought it looked amazing.  I did some research and surprised her with this for dinner one Meatless Monday.

 

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Meatless, Quick, Easy, Eggs, Tomatoes
Entree, Eggs
Chinese
Yield: 3 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Chinese Tomato and Eggs

Chinese Tomato and Eggs

This quick Asian Stir-Fry is perfect for a Meatless Lenten Meal. It is delicious, nutritious, and ready in a flash.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 7 MinTotal time: 12 Min

Ingredients

  • 4-5 Compari tomatoes, quartered
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 scallion, white and light green parts, minced
  • 3/4 c. water, divided
  • 1 t. sesame oil
  • 2 t. canola oil
  • 3 T. ketchup
  • 1/2 T. cornstarch
  • 1 t. sugar
  • 1/2 t. ginger paste
  • pinch of salt

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the ketchup, cornstarch, sugar, ginger, salt, and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
  2. Whisk together the eggs and sesame oil until well combined. Set aside.
  3. Heat 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, scrambling just until they hold shape but are still glossy. Remove from the wok to a plate and set aside.
  4. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in the wok and add the scallions. Cook and stir for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and the 1/4 c. water and cook for a few minutes until the skins begin to pull away and the tomatoes soften.
  5. Add the ketchup mixture to the tomatoes and allow to cook for a couple of minutes until it thickens slightly. Gently fold in the eggs just until heated and serve immediately.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe found at Christie at Home


Nutrition Facts

Calories

228.31

Fat (grams)

13.27 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

3.23 g

Carbs (grams)

15.37 g

Fiber (grams)

2.37 g

Net carbs

12.98 g

Sugar (grams)

10.29 g

Protein (grams)

12.96 g

Sodium (milligrams)

305.3 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

327.36 mg

14 comments:

  1. I learned about this version when D and his friends did a tomato-egg challenge. He shared (Italian) Eggs in Purgatory. Another friend made this. SO good. Thanks for reminding me. I might have to make this for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have another egg recipe to add to my recipe book. Definitely making it for brunch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! It sounds so good with the ginger and sesame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My go-to for dinner when we are tired and out of ideas is usually an omelet but now I know what I'm making next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tomato and eggs looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for some more exciting ways to eat eggs and these are next level, love the ginger and the tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty pleased to have a new recipe too and they are perfect for a meatless Monday dinner I might even add some stir fry veggies to it.

      Delete
  7. This sounds wonderful and nutrient packed as well.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.