Sunday, February 4, 2024

Copy-Cat Olive Garden Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup #SundayFunday

This copy-cat Chicken Gnocchi soup is quick, easy, and just as delicious as the version sold in Olive Garden Restaurants.  Thick and hearty, you can pair this soup with a salad and some good bread for a complete meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.

Chicken Gnocchi Soup

The Sunday Funday Bloggers are sharing Homemade Soup Recipes today.......

Sunday Funday Logo

I am hosting our Sunday Funday group this week and asked the other bloggers to join me in sharing a homemade soup recipe.   Let's take a look at what they cooked up for us today......



Creamy Chicken Gnocchi soup pin

It's finally starting to warm up a bit in Michigan but we had 2 weeks of frigid weather.  Perfect stay-at-home-and-eat-soup weather.  Our youngest daughter, Marissa, loves the Creamy Chicken Gnocchi soup they offer at Olive Garden and asked if I would try to make it.

I was happy to comply and found a recipe on Creme De la Crumb for a copycat version.  I have no idea where they got the recipe but it sounded good and, having never eaten it myself, that was all I had to go on.

Marissa LOVED it.  She said it was even better than at the restaurant.  A win/win in my book.  Great soup, great praise and I didn't have to venture out in the cold.

I wanted to share this recipe with my readers so chose the theme "Homemade Soups" for our Sunday Funday event today.  Almost immediately my friend Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures signed up to share Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup.  

I thought this was hilarious so I shared my story with her and she graciously chose a different soup to share for our Sunday Funday Homemade Soup event.  She's a sweetheart!!  





Entrees, Soups, Stews, Chicken, Pasta, Gnocchi
Soups
Italian
Yield: 4 Main Course Servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Copycat Olive Garden Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Copycat Olive Garden Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup

This copy-cat Chicken Gnocchi soup is quick, easy, and just as delicious as the version sold in Olive Garden Restaurants. Thick and hearty, you can pair this soup with a salad and some good bread for a complete meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 30 Min

Ingredients

  • 2-3 c. chopped cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1 qt. chicken broth
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 t. thyme
  • 16 oz. package of frozen potato gnocchi, thawed
  • 2 c. light cream (half and half)
  • 8 oz. baby spinach leaves

Instructions

  1. Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery, onion, garlic and carrots. Season with salt and pepper and cook until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
  2. Add the chicken, broth, and thyme. Bring to a boil and stir in the gnocchi. Boil for a few minutes, then reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about another 10 minutes.
  3. Stir in the cream and spinach and cook until spinach has wilted. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe found at Creme De la Crumb

Nutrition Facts

Calories

762.52

Fat (grams)

47.93 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

25.68 g

Carbs (grams)

52.78 g

Fiber (grams)

4.92 g

Net carbs

47.86 g

Sugar (grams)

4.36 g

Protein (grams)

32.82 g

Sodium (milligrams)

1484.09 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

203 mg

12 comments:

  1. So funny, I just turned over to B.O.B. Bob and told him that I needed to go to Olive Garden to try this soup, so that I know what it tastes like. I hate Olive Garden and it's his favorite, so he was obviously surprised. I always hear people raving about this soup, so I want to discover what all of the hype is about...then I can come home and make your version...which knowing Olive Garden, will DEFINITELY be better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa loves Olive Garden too. It is never my first choice and when I do go I stick with the soup, salad and breadsticks. I did not try this soup when I was there so I'm not sure how it compares other than her comment upon eating it.

      Delete
  2. This is my mom's favorite soup from OG. I can't wait to make it for her! Yours will definitely be better than OG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of Amy! I've never tried the original but I'm taking Marissa's word for it =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy is always sweet and I had to take her word for it also because I have never tried it at the restaurant.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to the Olive Garden since the early 90s. But I will definitely try your version soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a huge compliment from the family when their favourite restaurant food turns outs so much better at home.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.