The Sunday Funday Bloggers are sharing Homemade Soup Recipes today.......
I am hosting our Sunday Funday group this week and asked the other bloggers to join me in sharing a homemade soup recipe. Let's take a look at what they cooked up for us today......
- Copycat Dolly Parton Stampede Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Copy Cat Olive Garden Creamy Gnocchi Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Corn and Crap Bisque from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Creamy Pierogi Chicken Soup from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Ginger Garlic Soup from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Healthy and Oil Free Veg Rutabaga and Carrot Soup from Sneha's Recipe
- Homemade Cheesy Vegetable Chowder from Blogghetti
- One Pot Celery and Broccoli Soup from Cook with Renu
- Sinigang: A Pot of Love from My Grandmother's Kitchen from Culinary Cam
- Creamy Italian Rice Soup with Prosciutto and Corn from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
It's finally starting to warm up a bit in Michigan but we had 2 weeks of frigid weather. Perfect stay-at-home-and-eat-soup weather. Our youngest daughter, Marissa, loves the Creamy Chicken Gnocchi soup they offer at Olive Garden and asked if I would try to make it.
I was happy to comply and found a recipe on Creme De la Crumb for a copycat version. I have no idea where they got the recipe but it sounded good and, having never eaten it myself, that was all I had to go on.
Marissa LOVED it. She said it was even better than at the restaurant. A win/win in my book. Great soup, great praise and I didn't have to venture out in the cold.
I wanted to share this recipe with my readers so chose the theme "Homemade Soups" for our Sunday Funday event today. Almost immediately my friend Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures signed up to share Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
I thought this was hilarious so I shared my story with her and she graciously chose a different soup to share for our Sunday Funday Homemade Soup event. She's a sweetheart!!
Entrees, Soups, Stews, Chicken, Pasta, Gnocchi
Yield: 4 Main Course Servings
Copycat Olive Garden Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This copy-cat Chicken Gnocchi soup is quick, easy, and just as delicious as the version sold in Olive Garden Restaurants. Thick and hearty, you can pair this soup with a salad and some good bread for a complete meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 30 Min
- 2-3 c. chopped cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 t. thyme
- 16 oz. package of frozen potato gnocchi, thawed
- 2 c. light cream (half and half)
- 8 oz. baby spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery, onion, garlic and carrots. Season with salt and pepper and cook until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken, broth, and thyme. Bring to a boil and stir in the gnocchi. Boil for a few minutes, then reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and spinach and cook until spinach has wilted. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
Adapted from a recipe found at Creme De la Crumb
Fat (grams)47.93 g
Sat. Fat (grams)25.68 g
Carbs (grams)52.78 g
Fiber (grams)4.92 g
Net carbs47.86 g
Sugar (grams)4.36 g
Protein (grams)32.82 g
Sodium (milligrams)1484.09 mg
Cholesterol (grams)203 mg
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm