Friday, February 9, 2024

Marry Me Chicken and Cantina Zaccagnini Il Vino Dal Tralcetto Rosé; A Perfect Pairing for your Valentine #WinePW

A delicious and easy chicken recipe that will impress your loved one paired with an Italian Zaccagnini Rosé is a perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day.   With a name like Marry Me Chicken you can't go wrong expressing your love with this dish.

Marry me Chicken and wine

This month the Combined Wine Writers Coordinated Group is joining with the Italian FWT group to share Valentine's Day celebrations with Pink Wine.....

Camilla of Culinary Cam is hosting today's event.  We have coordinated our 4 wine groups into one and this month we are participating in our #WinePW or Wine Pairing Weekend category.  Cam asked us to...
" make the case for pink wines for Valentines' Day. Create what might be cold weather pairings with Rosé wines from anywhere in the world. Or focus on romantic menus with the perfect Rosé."

I decided to go with a little of each.....This creamy, delicious chicken dish served over homemade pasta is a perfect winter meal.  The name "Marry Me Chicken" is perfect for romance.  

Marry Me Chicken

I served this up to three of my loves, my husband, our daughter, Nicole, and her husband, Pierre.  I made the Pasta using the pasta attachment on my Kitchen Aid that Frank had gotten me for Christmas.  It is things like this that make me want to marry him all over again, so topping it with Marry Me Chicken seemed like the perfect idea.

You can cook up some dried pasta or serve this with mashed potatoes or no starch at all but the sauce is very good so I like to have something to soak it up with, even if its just a piece of good bread.

Rose Wine

I opened a bottle Italian Rosé from Cantina Zaccagnini to pair with this dish.  The Zaccagnini vineyards are located in Abruzzo and their fruit is organically grown however they are not certified as such.  The pink stick tied to the bottle is an actual cutting from their vines.

The wine is light and crisp with notes of strawberry.  I love Rosé and this bottle is a wonderful wine that I will buy again come summertime when I want a sipping wine while relaxing in the pool.  It paired very nicely with the flavors in the chicken dish which are slightly tart from the sun-dried tomatoes.

There are several different theories about how this dish got its name.  Some say that it's because it is so good that a marriage proposal is sure to come after you serve this to your love.  Others say it is because the flavors marry so well with each other.  And yet another theory says that when the creator of the recipe served it to her boss he said "Oh my God, I would marry you for that chicken".

However it got its name it is a delicious recipe that is ready in less than half an hour and will make whoever you serve it to very happy indeed, especially paired with a crisp, dry Rosé wine.

I am anxious to read what the others are serving to their Valentines this year.  Here is the lineup...

  • A Dozen Rosés for Valentines and Galentines Part 1: 6 CA Wines + Monte Cristo Sandwiches and Part 2: 6 Old World Wines + Croque Monsieur Sandwiches by Wine Predator...Gwendolyn Alley 
  • Is Pink Wine the New Winter White? by My Full Wine Glass 
  • Kimchi Spaghetti with Black Girl Magic Rosé by Cooking Chat 
  • Marry Me Chicken and Cantina Zaccagnini Il Vino Dal Tralcetto Rose; A Perfect Pairing for your Valentine by A Day in the Life on the Farm 
  • Oltrepo' Cruasé Wines Paired With Sette Cene Extravaganza by Avvinare 
  • Pink Pét-Nats from Around the World with Some Loved Up Bites by Culinary Cam 
  • Please Be Vine Rosé Bubbles! by The Quirky Cork 
  • Rose-shaped pasta and Rosé! by Crushed Grape Chronicles 
  • Salmon en Papillote with Coopers Hawk Katie Lee Biegel Rosé by Our Good Life 
  • Shrimp Scampi Pizza Paired with Masciarelli Montepulciano Rosé by Vino Travels

We are going to get together for a Threads chat tomorrow at 11 AM ET.  Anyone is welcome to stop by and share their thoughts about Pink Wines, Valentine's Day, and Food Pairings.  You will find us by searching #WinePW.  Hope to see you there.


Entrees, Chicken, Creamy, Sauce
Entrees, Chicken
Italian
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Marry Me Chicken

Marry Me Chicken

Chicken in a creamy, delicious sauce featuring sun-dried tomatoes and tender baby spinach.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 25 MinTotal time: 30 Min

Ingredients

  • 2 T. Olive oil
  • 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, pounded to an even 1/2" thickness
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 t. dried thyme
  • pinch of crushed red pepper
  • 3/4 c. chicken broth
  • 1/2 c. heavy cream
  • 1/2 c. vacuum packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese

Instructions

  1. Heat the oil in a large, oven-safe, skillet over med-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear on both sides, until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
  2. Stir in the garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes into the drippings in the pan until fragrant then add the broth, cream, and sundried tomatoes. Bring mixture to a simmer.
  3. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan and transfer to a preheated 375* oven for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165*.
  4. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.

Notes

There are a lot of recipes out there for this chicken. I perused them all and this is my version.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

360.67

Fat (grams)

22.95 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

9.48 g

Carbs (grams)

10.46 g

Fiber (grams)

1.88 g

Net carbs

8.58 g

Sugar (grams)

6.26 g

Protein (grams)

29.08 g

Sodium (milligrams)

476.24 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

112.26 mg

14 comments:

  1. I love the name and it sounds delicious. The wine pairing also sounds so good. I love the packaging for this bottle. Romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish sounds delicious! As to the wine...I am a big fan of the wines from Abruzzo! I tasted this wineries wines during a Grand Tasting in the region last June! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. How wonderful that you were able to visit the winery I showcased.

      Delete
  3. I love the name of the dish and can't wait to try it! I am pretty sure I've had that wine. I never knew the stick was from the vines and mine definitely wasn't pink! I missed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm anxious to try their other varietals. Pink is a new venture for them.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of pairing rose with sundried tomatoes! I've never thought of that combination but definitely want to give it a try now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good chicken dish! I've seen wines from that winery around, will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that Zaccagnini Rosé balances this creamy dish super well. Did your "3 loves" love it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like my kind of dish. I love sun-dried tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.